I have changed the password to nothing in my Win 2000 and now I can't get in
because it says I need a password but there shouldn't be one. Is there a way
to change my "nonexistant" password? Can I reset it or get one that works
for anyone? Or do I have to reinstall my system?

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 20:31:58 -0700, "Shmender"
<Shmender@discussions.microsoft.com> magnanimously proffered:

>I have changed the password to nothing in my Win 2000 and now I can't get in
>because it says I need a password but there shouldn't be one. Is there a way
>to change my "nonexistant" password? Can I reset it or get one that works
>for anyone? Or do I have to reinstall my system?

Are you sure you can't get iin? Have you tried just clicking on "OK"
and seeing if that works? Same thing happened to me and once that
password window opened I gave up. Turned out that all I had to do was
click OK. Hope that works for you too. Bob

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human
stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Wax-up and drop-in on surfing's Golden Years: http://www.surfwriter.net