Weapon for Bard

Hey, can someone please tell me what weapon I should focus in with a bard,
or at least an idea as to what type of weapon? I'm going through SoU right
now and planning to take Harper Scout classes and can't seem to figure out
what Weapon Focus to take. I've been thinking longbow, but it seems like a
waste of a feat since I'd have to take the Weapon Proficiency (Martial) feat
for it. Any help?
5 answers Last reply
More about weapon bard

    "Nenad Gavrilovic" <nenad-g@rogers.com> wrote in message
    > Hey, can someone please tell me what weapon I should focus in with a bard,
    > or at least an idea as to what type of weapon? I'm going through SoU right
    > now and planning to take Harper Scout classes and can't seem to figure out
    > what Weapon Focus to take. I've been thinking longbow, but it seems like a
    > waste of a feat since I'd have to take the Weapon Proficiency (Martial)
    feat
    > for it. Any help?

    IMHO, If you want to be more of a melee oriented Bard I would take the
    Martial weapon feat anyway and then just try out different weapons till you
    find the one you like before you Weapon Focus. Since you want to go Harper
    Scout you might wanna give up one level and multi-class in a level of Ranger
    or Fighter before HarperScout, Ranger might be good becuase you get the Two
    weapon fighting feat for free if you are wearing light or no armor wich
    would work nicely with a high Dex Bard, But a fighter might fit in more
    easily, either way it would take some pre-planning. My Bard ended up going
    with weapon finnesse and weapon focus rapier and then i buff with cats grace
    and bulls strength and she seems to do O.K. but it took me awaile to get
    there becuase I didnt mult-class.

    cheers

    "QUINN R PAYNE" <quinnpayne@verizon.net> wrote in message

    > "Nenad Gavrilovic" <nenad-g@rogers.com> wrote in message
    > > Hey, can someone please tell me what weapon I should focus in with a
    bard,
    > > or at least an idea as to what type of weapon? I'm going through SoU
    right
    > > now and planning to take Harper Scout classes

    In pen and paper roleplaying the harper scout could be interesting as a
    character, but as a game mechanic in NWN it is a total waste of 5 levels,
    you'd be much better served spending those levels on ANY other class at all.

    >and can't seem to figure out
    > > what Weapon Focus to take. I've been thinking longbow, but it seems like
    > > waste of a feat

    Elves get Longbow and Longsword for free (and rapier? and shortbow?)..

    >since I'd have to take the Weapon Proficiency (Martial)
    > feat
    > > for it. Any help?
    > >

    > IMHO, If you want to be more of a melee oriented Bard I would take the
    > Martial weapon feat anyway and then just try out different weapons till
    you
    > find the one you like before you Weapon Focus.

    If you're gonna start spending feats on melee as Bard Exotic Weapon feat
    might be more worth while than Martial.

    Thanks for the replies, guys. =)

    "SMT" <gn5s-thrn@asahi-net.or.jp> wrote in message

    > "QUINN R PAYNE" <quinnpayne@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Nenad Gavrilovic" <nenad-g@rogers.com> wrote in message
    > > > Hey, can someone please tell me what weapon I should focus in with a
    > bard,
    > > > or at least an idea as to what type of weapon? I'm going through SoU
    > right
    > > > now and planning to take Harper Scout classes
    >
    > In pen and paper roleplaying the harper scout could be interesting as a
    > character, but as a game mechanic in NWN it is a total waste of 5 levels,
    > you'd be much better served spending those levels on ANY other class at
    all.

    > >and can't seem to figure out
    > > > what Weapon Focus to take. I've been thinking longbow, but it seems
    like
    > > > waste of a feat
    >
    > Elves get Longbow and Longsword for free (and rapier? and shortbow?)..
    >
    > >since I'd have to take the Weapon Proficiency (Martial)
    > > feat
    > > > for it. Any help?
    > > >

    > > IMHO, If you want to be more of a melee oriented Bard I would take the
    > > Martial weapon feat anyway and then just try out different weapons till
    > you
    > > find the one you like before you Weapon Focus.
    >
    > If you're gonna start spending feats on melee as Bard Exotic Weapon feat
    > might be more worth while than Martial.

  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    "Nenad Gavrilovic" <nenad-g@rogers.com> wrote in message
    > Hey, can someone please tell me what weapon I should focus in with a bard,
    > or at least an idea as to what type of weapon? I'm going through SoU right
    > now and planning to take Harper Scout classes and can't seem to figure out
    > what Weapon Focus to take. I've been thinking longbow, but it seems like a
    > waste of a feat since I'd have to take the Weapon Proficiency (Martial) feat
    > for it. Any help?

    Hey,

    Lest you really want to build a melee bard, I don't see why you should focus in
    a weapon at all...

    Bards and rogues are, by definition, very versatile, picking the weapon, scroll,
    song or smile that suits them best for the situation. Focusing in one thing is
    against that concept.

    However, I do realise there are countless ways to play these two classes because
    of the aforementioned versatility, so my choice is not at all better than yours,
    just something I wanted to point out.

    Cheers,

    --
    Hiddenson
    "That which does not kill you makes you stronger."

    I like the rapier with weapon finess as it uses your dexterity bonus instead
    of strength. Hopefully your Bard has a higher dex than str as this also
    improves AC.

    Cheers

    "Nenad Gavrilovic" <nenad-g@rogers.com> wrote in message
    > Hey, can someone please tell me what weapon I should focus in with a bard,
    > or at least an idea as to what type of weapon? I'm going through SoU right
    > now and planning to take Harper Scout classes and can't seem to figure out
    > what Weapon Focus to take. I've been thinking longbow, but it seems like a
    > waste of a feat since I'd have to take the Weapon Proficiency (Martial)
    feat
    > for it. Any help?

Games Video Games