Weapon for Bard

Hey, can someone please tell me what weapon I should focus in with a bard,
or at least an idea as to what type of weapon? I'm going through SoU right
now and planning to take Harper Scout classes and can't seem to figure out
what Weapon Focus to take. I've been thinking longbow, but it seems like a
waste of a feat since I'd have to take the Weapon Proficiency (Martial) feat
for it. Any help?

"Nenad Gavrilovic" <nenad-g@rogers.com> wrote in message
> Hey, can someone please tell me what weapon I should focus in with a bard,
> or at least an idea as to what type of weapon? I'm going through SoU right
> now and planning to take Harper Scout classes and can't seem to figure out
> what Weapon Focus to take. I've been thinking longbow, but it seems like a
> waste of a feat since I'd have to take the Weapon Proficiency (Martial)
feat
> for it. Any help?

IMHO, If you want to be more of a melee oriented Bard I would take the
Martial weapon feat anyway and then just try out different weapons till you
find the one you like before you Weapon Focus. Since you want to go Harper
Scout you might wanna give up one level and multi-class in a level of Ranger
or Fighter before HarperScout, Ranger might be good becuase you get the Two
weapon fighting feat for free if you are wearing light or no armor wich
would work nicely with a high Dex Bard, But a fighter might fit in more
easily, either way it would take some pre-planning. My Bard ended up going
with weapon finnesse and weapon focus rapier and then i buff with cats grace
and bulls strength and she seems to do O.K. but it took me awaile to get
there becuase I didnt mult-class.

cheers

"QUINN R PAYNE" <quinnpayne@verizon.net> wrote in message

> "Nenad Gavrilovic" <nenad-g@rogers.com> wrote in message
> > Hey, can someone please tell me what weapon I should focus in with a
bard,
> > or at least an idea as to what type of weapon? I'm going through SoU
right
> > now and planning to take Harper Scout classes

In pen and paper roleplaying the harper scout could be interesting as a
character, but as a game mechanic in NWN it is a total waste of 5 levels,
you'd be much better served spending those levels on ANY other class at all.

>and can't seem to figure out
> > what Weapon Focus to take. I've been thinking longbow, but it seems like
> > waste of a feat

Elves get Longbow and Longsword for free (and rapier? and shortbow?)..

>since I'd have to take the Weapon Proficiency (Martial)
> feat
> > for it. Any help?
> >

> IMHO, If you want to be more of a melee oriented Bard I would take the
> Martial weapon feat anyway and then just try out different weapons till
you
> find the one you like before you Weapon Focus.

If you're gonna start spending feats on melee as Bard Exotic Weapon feat
might be more worth while than Martial.

Thanks for the replies, guys. =)

"SMT" <gn5s-thrn@asahi-net.or.jp> wrote in message

> "QUINN R PAYNE" <quinnpayne@verizon.net> wrote in message
> >
> > "Nenad Gavrilovic" <nenad-g@rogers.com> wrote in message
> > > Hey, can someone please tell me what weapon I should focus in with a
> bard,
> > > or at least an idea as to what type of weapon? I'm going through SoU
> right
> > > now and planning to take Harper Scout classes
>
> In pen and paper roleplaying the harper scout could be interesting as a
> character, but as a game mechanic in NWN it is a total waste of 5 levels,
> you'd be much better served spending those levels on ANY other class at
all.

> >and can't seem to figure out
> > > what Weapon Focus to take. I've been thinking longbow, but it seems
like
> > > waste of a feat
>
> Elves get Longbow and Longsword for free (and rapier? and shortbow?)..
>
> >since I'd have to take the Weapon Proficiency (Martial)
> > feat
> > > for it. Any help?
> > >

> > IMHO, If you want to be more of a melee oriented Bard I would take the
> > Martial weapon feat anyway and then just try out different weapons till
> you
> > find the one you like before you Weapon Focus.
>
> If you're gonna start spending feats on melee as Bard Exotic Weapon feat
> might be more worth while than Martial.

"Nenad Gavrilovic" <nenad-g@rogers.com> wrote in message
> Hey, can someone please tell me what weapon I should focus in with a bard,
> or at least an idea as to what type of weapon? I'm going through SoU right
> now and planning to take Harper Scout classes and can't seem to figure out
> what Weapon Focus to take. I've been thinking longbow, but it seems like a
> waste of a feat since I'd have to take the Weapon Proficiency (Martial) feat
> for it. Any help?

Hey,

Lest you really want to build a melee bard, I don't see why you should focus in
a weapon at all...

Bards and rogues are, by definition, very versatile, picking the weapon, scroll,
song or smile that suits them best for the situation. Focusing in one thing is
against that concept.

However, I do realise there are countless ways to play these two classes because
of the aforementioned versatility, so my choice is not at all better than yours,
just something I wanted to point out.

Cheers,

--
Hiddenson
"That which does not kill you makes you stronger."

I like the rapier with weapon finess as it uses your dexterity bonus instead
of strength. Hopefully your Bard has a higher dex than str as this also
improves AC.

Cheers