HotU Henchmen Prob in chapter 3 Spoilers

My problem is that the Shield Guardian Golem seems to be treated as a
henchman in Chapter 3. I signed on two henchmen then teleported him in. That
worked fine, but at the point in Chap 3 where you want to do a little quest
with the Scrivener he won't sign on as 'you are only allowed 3 henchmen'. So
I fired Deekin to do the quest. Worse, after the quest, I found couldn't
sign on anyone else, even Deekin, as they objected to the party being too
big. (PC, Nathyrra and Guardian)

Can anyone tell me how to fix it so the Guardian is not regarded as a
henchman? Or at least how to get rid of him, short of killing him? Unlike
'Real' henchpeople, of course, he has no dialogue to tell him to go, and
dropping the controlling amulet doesn't seem to work.

I need help badly because my previous savegame was before the fight with the
Valsharess, which I only won by luck after several goes.(Wizard L24, if
Summon Creature IX doesn't produce a Fire elemental, I may as well reload
right away) Can anyone tell me why she is so tough? I'm not good with the
toolset but examining her in the module I couldn't figure out why she had so
much fire damage reduction, nor why she seemed to keep being able to produce
spells for so long, given that she is already well buffed up before the
fight starts.

Hugh

Hugh Conkey wrote in message ...
>My problem is that the Shield Guardian Golem seems to be treated as a
>henchman in Chapter 3. I signed on two henchmen then teleported him in.
That
>worked fine, but at the point in Chap 3 where you want to do a little quest
>with the Scrivener he won't sign on as 'you are only allowed 3 henchmen'.
So
>I fired Deekin to do the quest. Worse, after the quest, I found couldn't
>sign on anyone else, even Deekin, as they objected to the party being too
>big. (PC, Nathyrra and Guardian)
>
>Can anyone tell me how to fix it so the Guardian is not regarded as a
>henchman? Or at least how to get rid of him, short of killing him? Unlike
>'Real' henchpeople, of course, he has no dialogue to tell him to go, and
>dropping the controlling amulet doesn't seem to work.

Remove your Guardian from the party (using the radial menu). Talk to Deekin
(or whoever) you want to join/re-join your party. Then "talk" to your
Guardian. That's what worked for me.