Happy

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2004

Is there a way to mark, or approve, various sites or sources of e-mails, for
the pictures that SP2 seems to always block, forcing me to click on the line
at the top? This way gradually you would have more and more "safe" sites
approved.

Byte

Open IE (Internet Explorer)>tools>Internet options
Privacy tab, Sites button

"Happy" wrote:

> Is there a way to mark, or approve, various sites or sources of e-mails, for
> the pictures that SP2 seems to always block, forcing me to click on the line
> at the top? This way gradually you would have more and more "safe" sites
> approved.

Happy

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2004

I guess this forces you to manually add each site as it comes. It there a
"one or two click" way? Is there a way in OE? Now, when I get a daily
newsletter from a trusted source, I have to click every time to see the
pictures. Is there some setting to use? Is there a setting in IE?
"Byte" <Byte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Open IE (Internet Explorer)>tools>Internet options
> Privacy tab, Sites button
>
> "Happy" wrote:
>
>> Is there a way to mark, or approve, various sites or sources of e-mails,
>> for
>> the pictures that SP2 seems to always block, forcing me to click on the
>> line
>> at the top? This way gradually you would have more and more "safe" sites
>> approved.

For OE -Go to Tools, Options - then Select the Securities Tab.
Under downloaded images - uncheck Block Images and Other External Content etc

"Happy" <happy@trial.ca> wrote in message
>I guess this forces you to manually add each site as it comes. It there a "one or
>two click" way? Is there a way in OE? Now, when I get a daily newsletter from a
>trusted source, I have to click every time to see the pictures. Is there some
>setting to use? Is there a setting in IE?
> "Byte" <Byte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Open IE (Internet Explorer)>tools>Internet options
>> Privacy tab, Sites button
>>
>> "Happy" wrote:
>>
>>> Is there a way to mark, or approve, various sites or sources of e-mails, for
>>> the pictures that SP2 seems to always block, forcing me to click on the line
>>> at the top? This way gradually you would have more and more "safe" sites
>>> approved.

Happy

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2004

Thank you! (is it advisable to do this?)
"Taurarian" <taurarianREMOVECAPS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> For OE -Go to Tools, Options - then Select the Securities Tab.
> Under downloaded images - uncheck Block Images and Other External Content
> etc .........
>

> "Happy" <happy@trial.ca> wrote in message
>>I guess this forces you to manually add each site as it comes. It there a
>>"one or two click" way? Is there a way in OE? Now, when I get a daily
>>newsletter from a trusted source, I have to click every time to see the
>>pictures. Is there some setting to use? Is there a setting in IE?
>> "Byte" <Byte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Open IE (Internet Explorer)>tools>Internet options
>>> Privacy tab, Sites button

Thank you's? Of course!

> Thank you! (is it advisable to do this?)
> "Taurarian" <taurarianREMOVECAPS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> For OE -Go to Tools, Options - then Select the Securities Tab.
>> Under downloaded images - uncheck Block Images and Other External Content
>> etc .........
>>

>> "Happy" <happy@trial.ca> wrote in message
>>>I guess this forces you to manually add each site as it comes. It there a
>>>"one or two click" way? Is there a way in OE? Now, when I get a daily
>>>newsletter from a trusted source, I have to click every time to see the
>>>pictures. Is there some setting to use? Is there a setting in IE?
>>> "Byte" <Byte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Happy

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2004

Got me on that one!
> Thank you's? Of course!

> "Happy" <happy@trial.ca> wrote in message
>> Thank you! (is it advisable to do this?)
>> "Taurarian" <taurarianREMOVECAPS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> For OE -Go to Tools, Options - then Select the Securities Tab.
>>> Under downloaded images - uncheck Block Images and Other External
>>> Content etc .........
>>>

>>> "Happy" <happy@trial.ca> wrote in message

Happy

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2004

As a follow up to my "thank you"!, is it advisable to uncheck "Block Images
and Other External Content?
> Got me on that one!
>> Thank you's? Of course!
>>
>> --
>> "Happy" <happy@trial.ca> wrote in message
>>> Thank you! (is it advisable to do this?)
>>> "Taurarian" <taurarianREMOVECAPS@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Please explain what you are trying to do. No images came through. None
were expected.

Colin Barnhorst wrote:
> Please explain what you are trying to do. No images came through. None
> were expected.

Colin,
He's just asking if it's advisable to uncheck Block images
in OE.

gls858

I suppose that applies to whether he is dialup or broadband?

"gls858" <gls858@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Colin Barnhorst wrote:
>> Please explain what you are trying to do. No images came through. None
>> were expected.
>>
> Colin,
> He's just asking if it's advisable to uncheck Block images
> in OE.
>
> gls858

"Happy" <happy@trial.ca> wrote in message
> As a follow up to my "thank you"!, is it advisable to uncheck "Block
> Images and Other External Content?

I have it unchecked because otherwise OE-QuoteFix
(http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/oe-quotefix/) won't work.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Happy

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2004

As a summary---In OE, I get a newsletter with computer tips. I have
received it for quite some time, and it includes headers, graphics,
pictures. Prior to SP2 it would come in complete. The pictures now get
blocked, and I have to click on the header to allow them. I have to do this
every time, and to several others as well. I was wondering if there was a
way to permanently "allow" certain e-mails, or sites in IE, so I wouldn't
have to do this every time. Taurarian advised "For OE -Go to Tools,
Options - then Select the Securities Tab. Under downloaded images - uncheck
Block Images and Other External Content etc " and I asked "is this
advisable?" meaning is it safe?

etc "Colin Barnhorst" <colinbarharst(nojunk)@msn.com> wrote in message
> Please explain what you are trying to do. No images came through. None
> were expected.

> "Happy" <happy@trial.ca> wrote in message
>> As a follow up to my "thank you"!, is it advisable to uncheck "Block
>> Images and Other External Content?
>> "Happy" <happy@trial.ca> wrote in message
>>> Got me on that one!
>>> "Colin Barnhorst" <colinbarharst(nojunk)@msn.com> wrote in message

Happy

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2004

I am broadband. i will try OE newsgroup
>I suppose that applies to whether he is dialup or broadband?

> "gls858" <gls858@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Colin Barnhorst wrote:
>>> Please explain what you are trying to do. No images came through. None
>>> were expected.
>>>
>> Colin,
>> He's just asking if it's advisable to uncheck Block images
>> in OE.
>>
>> gls858

Those still on dialup don't much like it when they discover it will take
awhile to download a message because it contains a large file. The
convention is to edit the header to say there is an attachment.

>I am broadband. i will try OE newsgroup
>>I suppose that applies to whether he is dialup or broadband?
>>
>> --
>> "gls858" <gls858@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>>>
>>> Colin,
>>> He's just asking if it's advisable to uncheck Block images
>>> in OE.
>>>
>>> gls858

Happy, I have it unchecked but if you want to find out more post to the OE NG

OE6-specific newsgroup:

"Happy" <happy@trial.ca> wrote in message
> As a follow up to my "thank you"!, is it advisable to uncheck "Block Images and
> Other External Content?
> "Happy" <happy@trial.ca> wrote in message
>> Got me on that one!
>> "Colin Barnhorst" <colinbarharst(nojunk)@msn.com> wrote in message
>>> Thank you's? Of course!
>>>
>>> --
>>> "Happy" <happy@trial.ca> wrote in message

Hi Frank, Thanks for the link of OE- QuoteFix - I'm giving it a try.
Kaylene

> Hi Frank, Thanks for the link of OE- QuoteFix - I'm giving it a try.
> Kaylene
>

> Frank Saunders, MS-MVP wrote:
>> "Happy" <happy@trial.ca> wrote in message
>>> As a follow up to my "thank you"!, is it advisable to uncheck "Block
>>> Images and Other External Content?
>>
>> I have it unchecked because otherwise OE-QuoteFix
>> (http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/oe-quotefix/) won't work.

I love it. I wish Dominik was still updating it.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Happy

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2004

Yes, I have been using one called eCleaner 2.02, which has a few different
features, but this one seems better. (I previously used one called simply