Need a HDTV Reciever for Comcast cable ( analog...... NOT ..

Last response: in Home Theatre
April 15, 2004 5:14:07 PM

Comcast rents out what I believe is a motorola DCT5100. Is there a
another HD reciever that would work for comcast analog? DCT5100 runs
about $500.

Thanks
Anonymous
April 15, 2004 6:02:37 PM

On 15 Apr 2004 13:14:07 -0700, in article
<28c871f3.0404151214.4c0a9fb6@posting.google.com>, ssowajm@hotmail.com
(Me2) wrote:

>Comcast rents out what I believe is a motorola DCT5100. Is there a
>another HD reciever that would work for comcast analog? DCT5100 runs
>about $500.

I don't quite understand your question. Analog channels will not be in
high-def. No additional STB is needed for Comcast analog cable channels
- the standard CATV tuners built into any TV, VCR, PVR, DVD-R etc. will
receive it fine. The analog channels are the "basic" and "expanded
basic" channels usually, local broadcast + the most popular cable
channels, like ESPN & CNN.

The 5100 tunes the digital channels, the digital HD channels, and the
analog channels. Their non-HD digital boxes will tune the digital
channels + analog channels, but not the HD ones.
--
Stephen Tu
stephtu@surfbest.net