speech-generation software?

What speech-generation-from-text software is available for the
physically-disabled blind, please?

For instance, we would like MSN Messenger to generate speech when incoming
text messages occur. Of course VOIP exists with Messenger, but the user has
a very low-bandwidth connection to deal with, so VOIP is very unreliable. We
would like to be able to generate speech from the text message as it appears
in Messenger.

We've found SayzMe at http://sourceforge.net/projects/sayzme/ , but this
requires the user to copy the text onto the clipboard in order to read it as
generated speech, something not physically possible under the circumstances.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

dl

Does an 'association for the blind/partially sighted' exist in your
country? may be place to ask

"gretchen" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
> What speech-generation-from-text software is available for the
> physically-disabled blind, please?
>
> For instance, we would like MSN Messenger to generate speech when incoming
> text messages occur. Of course VOIP exists with Messenger, but the user
has
> a very low-bandwidth connection to deal with, so VOIP is very unreliable.
We
> would like to be able to generate speech from the text message as it
appears
> in Messenger.
>
> We've found SayzMe at http://sourceforge.net/projects/sayzme/ , but this
> requires the user to copy the text onto the clipboard in order to read it
as
> generated speech, something not physically possible under the
circumstances.

> Thanks for any help you can provide.

TRENDING THREADS