the idea for my watercooling system

step 1.get a couple 2 liter soda bottles
step 2.put 2 holes on either end of them
step 3. put like a sleeve over the stick
step 4.put a stickk in the two holes
step 5. put some water in
step 6. freeze the water in the bottle over the stick and its sleeve
step 7. take the stick out w/ sleeve still in since its stuck to the ice
step 8. put the tube to my computer that is outside my computer in the two holes.
step 9. hook the tube back to the radiator.
step 10. there you got an easy water/ice cooling system eh??

or will that not work??? think iam crazy lol??

resivior>>pump>>all my parts>>radiators>>through the bottles>>back to the resivior>>etc

would that work?? or not worth it??

lewbaseball07

Distinguished
May 25, 2006
but wouldnt the water be hot enough when it goes to the bottles that it will be hot enough to melt the ice and not instantly freeze?

iam confused with my own mind lol

lewbaseball07

Distinguished
May 25, 2006
how could i "Safe guard" it from condensation?

i think a dehumidifier would take away most of the moisture.

could i rap the hoses in something.....

Talon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2004
I'm curious as to how you expect the ice not to thaw and leak out the gaps around your tubing or just thaw period and have to take great pains to refreeze it?

Or are you planning to keep the bottles in a freezer somehow and run the tubing through holes in the walls of the freezer to keep that chilly temp. Also what Mpilchfamily said about condensation. Ice cold and you'll run into probs with that.

To Assman: OMFG man!! It took me what felt like 10 minutes to see your tags cycle all the way through. How many is that? On the other hand some T&A while forum browsing is right up my alley as well so woot!

Assman

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2005
To Assman: OMFG man!! It took me what felt like 10 minutes to see your tags cycle all the way through. How many is that? On the other hand some T&A while forum browsing is right up my alley as well so woot!

lol, the're 85 pics, i didn't use ubanimator.com this time cause they limit num. of pics to 10.

@ Chuckshissle: lol, "Captain Afro's Ghetto Water-cooler" some people just have too much free time on their hands :)

MadHacker

Distinguished
May 20, 2006
OK lets just say you do get it to work without leaks. You run into a problem here. You will have to safe guard the system from condesation. The water will be ice cold so you will get condensation buildup on the tubing inside the system. There is just to big of a risk for water damage in the system.

I'm no expert in physics... don't know your flow how cold the ice is going to be...
but i was thinking that it may be possible that the water won't go don't below room temperature... but the heat removed from the CPU could be equal to the amount of heat absorbed by the ice.

but i just think that it will work for 5 min then after the ice has melted you system will overheat.

just my 2¢

ches111

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2006
Thanks for the Toilet Cooler Link!!

That was great and pretty funny too....

Hey I know, I'll combine my two favorite things (plumbing and computers) :)

Gotta love it....

Lets see where does that put me (woodworking and computers) I know something good could come of that :).

gomerpile

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2005
power5vs.png

Woooot for wood

Houndsteeth

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
You would have to coat your CPU connections with dielectric grease, put a neoprene foam pad around your waterblocks, and use a surficant (like a very thin layer of silicone) to waterproof your mainboard. You can also surround your tubing with neoprene foam so it does not come into direct contact with the air in your computer, but you would still have to take waterproofing precautions with your waterblock.

The trashcan/radiator idea would work, and you can keep adding ice to the trashcan to keep the water cool when the ice starts to melt.

The two liter bottle would work, but not efficiently, since you want the water to dump as much heat as possible into the ice, and a single pass round tube would not do a very good job. Now, if you were to freeze a radiator inside the bottle and then pass cooling fluid through it (you would have to use antifreeze, or the fluid would gel up and your pump would not be able to move it), I could see this as being efficient, at least until the ice melts.