Error message and rebooting

Today I've been getting the following error message constantly

sptmdcon.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows. You will
need to restart the program.

Also, my computer has been rebooting itself at random times. I haven't done
anything out of the ordinary on my computer that I could have gotten a virus.
Does anyone know how to fix this?

dl

I take it you've done a file search for 'sptmcon.exe' and youve checked
properties for this file, to give a clue?