Please help - cannot delete ~DF726F.tmp

I had a message appear and hit the delete key. I thought my computer was clean
and therefore did not give a lot of thought to that until I used Ad-Aware as a
precaution.

Using Explorer, I look around to see what was left of a real mess, looking for
files with today date, I found in borge/LocalSettings/temp a files called
~DF726.tmp. I have tried to delete, checked the protection when not capable of
deleting and found a message saying that file might be in use.

I then used WinHex to look for trouble but as I did not see anything very
strange, I tried to write 0's to the file but of course it would not save, so I
am still in trouble. Ad-Aware, NoAdware, regClean and spybot have been used all
to no avail. What have I missed, there must be something else I can do, PLEASE.
As I am using an Intel board with a special Video Card, I cannot boot in safe
mode and get information at the same time - so I am really in trouble.

Borge

I have used Msconfig and have deleted the file. However another one comes up in
the same place called ~DFA41D.tmp and then next time ~DF9ED3.tmp and lastly
DF8D31.tmp.

It seems that it can continue to create that kind of file as long as I am
prepared to use msconfig :)

Borge

Relax, Borge. They really are temporary files, nothing sinister. You cannot
delete all of them because Windows must have three or four at all times.
Windows creates them, not malware.

--
Walterius

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 04:44:01 -0400, "Walterius" <nohow@noway.not> wrote:

>Relax, Borge. They really are temporary files, nothing sinister. You cannot
>delete all of them because Windows must have three or four at all times.
>Windows creates them, not malware.

Thanks. I hope you are right. I ran msconfig and while that was active AVG and
it found and deleted 2 files - I thought that would have been the end but I
still have ~DF8DB7.temp. Some of the trouble had to do with java and Open
Stream.

Borge

nesredep egrob <Long. -31,48.21 Lat. 115,47.40> wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 04:44:01 -0400, "Walterius" <nohow@noway.not> wrote:

>>Relax, Borge. They really are temporary files, nothing sinister. You cannot
>>delete all of them because Windows must have three or four at all times.
>>Windows creates them, not malware.

> Thanks. I hope you are right. I ran msconfig and while that was active AVG and
> it found and deleted 2 files - I thought that would have been the end but I
> still have ~DF8DB7.temp. Some of the trouble had to do with java and Open
> Stream.

I always have 5 files with names like ~DF1234.tmp in my Temp folder that
can't be deleted because they're in use. Rebooting typically creates a
new set, and then the older set can be deleted. They appear to be a
harmless part of normal Windows operation.

--
Gary L. Smith gls432@yahoo.com
Columbus, Ohio