Let me count the ways

Lance

NWN class count

9 original classes
11 prestige classes

Single class must all be original, so 9 single classes

Double classes:
All original/original combinations are valid, so 72 original only
double classes

AA and PM must be Arcane original, so 3 possibilities each: 6
RDD may only be bard or sorcerer original, so 2 possibilities: 2
Shifter -must- have druid original, so 1 possibility: 1
Other 7 prestige classes open to all original classes, so 9
possibilities: 63
Total 72 possible original+prestige combinations

144 two class combinations

Triple classes:
All original/original/original combinations are valid, so 504 original
only triple classes

All of the original/prestige classes that are valid can take any of
the original
classes as a third class, so 72*8 (remember we already have one of the
original classes) 576 original/original/prestige combinations

The original/prestige/prestige combinations, though, are much more
esoteric.
Since there's only one original class in the stack, it must fill the
bill for
both the prestige, a much larger restriction. As an added note,
Arcane
Archer/Dwarven Defender are all impossible, since one requires Elf or
Half Elf, and the other requires Dwarf. I ended up making a chart for
this one and coming
up with 256 valid combinations

Thats a total of 1336 triple class combinations

And a Grand Total of 1489 possible class combinations including all
single, double,
and triples

Of course its possible that the feat requirements or so on would make
some of
the otherwise valid combinations impossible, and its certain that
stats and
spell lists and so on will make Many if not Most of the combinations
impossibly
wimpy... but thats a whole other ball of wax.

Lance

Lance

emporer@dejazzd.com (Lance) wrote in message news:<8854c397.0404131926.23f244c4@posting.google.com>...
> NWN class count
(major snippage)
> Lance

Grr, my machine crashed while posting and I rewrote the whole post,
only to find it went thru the first time!