Games automatically set at lowest setting

yas

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2006
I have a x1950pro and I installed some games on it yet all the games seem to go automatically to the lowest setttings. Its not a huge problem but still could anyone tell me why this is? ALso I have installed the driver that came with the vid card

DukeDave

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2006
I think it probably is because the card is too new for the games to recognise so they default to the lowest, most compatible settings.

yakyb

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2006
mine does the same so its not a problem with your setup unless both of ours are setup incorrectly.

i would go with dukedave just get any latest patches and drivers

besides i never use default settings depending on the type of game i will turn settings down to improove speed or turn them up to make it look nicer

Real999

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2006
I Have the same problem with my 7600GT (okay, it isn't a killer card but I do think it can handle a bit more then 640x480 on the lowest details...)
I last did a memory upgrade from 512Mb 2 1024Mb but that hasn't changed anything. Luckily it isn't a problem when I'm gaming, it's just annoying to change all those settings everytime I install a game... :?

AKJ

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2006
Check your display driver's settings.. Normally its set to a default (balanced) preset.. Check to see if yours is set on "Performance" or something, coz that would set everything on the lowest quality settings in games so that you can achieve best performance...

If you set it to "Best Quality" or whatever, the default quality settings in games would be higher.. Also some of the new games auto detect the "correct" settings, so ensure that you drivers are up to date to ensure that this feature works properly...