Water loop question, and others...

icewolf69

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2006
Hey all, I'm building my first water cooled PC and i have a few questions.

1.) i have twin BFG 8800GTX's (water cooled edition) so when i'm testing the loop for leakes, should i go through the trouble of taking off the water blocks? I'm thinking i'm just going to be extra careful putting everything together and test the system with everything out except the 8800's. Your opinions?

2.) Need advice on my loop. I'm thinking Reservoir>Pump>Radiator>GPU>CPU>Reservoir.

The reason i chose this is because my out will be very close to my video cards and i think it would be better to hit them first, then up to the CPU. And this way the water will be cooler for the CPU and GPU because it just came from the radiator.

If anyone has any better orientations please let me know.

3.) After the system has been run and checked for leaks (without the components) and it's time to hook everything up, are you supposed to drain the fluid, and then hook everything up, and then fill it again?

Or just put everything in with fluid in the lines?

4.) I've heard you need to bleed the system for air and that the radiator is a particular bad space for trapped air.

Both my reservoir and my radiator have holes on the top i can unscrew to allow air to escape. I will of course be filling the system through the reservoir port.

So my question is, should I keep the radiator hole open while I'm filling the system? Like if I'm pumping the fluid through to get all the air out and stuff, will fluid shoot out through the radiator?

5.) If anyone could submit approximate temps for core 2 duos (x6800 in particular) for both air and water, it would be appreciated (so i know if the block is seated and working correctly)

I think that's everything >.<
thanks for your help!