More about winlogin winlogon

    From: "man" <man@discussions.microsoft.com>

    | Hi all
    | 1 of my w2k server installed NIS and NAV, few days ago, the NIS alert prompt
    | me that winlogin.pif / winlogon.pif prepare to connect to internet, since it
    | havent happen b4, so I block this action, then the NIS alert prompt me every
    | 10sec, it so distrub and slow down my pc
    |
    | When I scan the server in safe mode, no file are inflected
    | and when I seach this 2 file, no result found
    |
    | Anyone can tell me why my server get virus ? or what does winlogin.pif /
    | winlogon.pif done ? it is virus ?
    |
    | thx a lot

    There should be NO PIF for WinLogon !

    Chances of an infection are high.

    Download MULTI_AV.EXE from the URL --

    http://kixtart.org Kixtart is CareWare } three batch files, five Kixtart scripts, one Link
    (.LNK) file, a PDF instruction file and two utilities; UNZIP.EXE and WGET.EXE. It will
    simplify the process of using; Sophos, Trend and McAfee Anti Virus Command Line Scanners to
    remove
    viruses, Trojans and various other malware.

    way all the components can be downloaded from each AV vendor’s web site.
    The choices are; Sophos, Trend, McAfee, Exit the menu and Reboot the PC.

    file.

    Choose; Unzip
    Choose; Close

    Execute; C:\AV-CLS\StartMenu.BAT