Windows Explorer not showing contents until view menu clic..

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
August 16, 2005 7:44:36 AM

When I open Windows Explorer on my Windows 2000 Server computer, I am
presented with a white screen. There is no folder pane or content pane
displayed, just one large white space. My mouse pointer shows as busy.
However long I leave this I do not get any display until I click
either the view menu or the view toolbar button. As soon as this
action is performed I get both panes appear with content. If I then
double click on any of the icons e.g. C: drive, I get the same problem
until I click the view menu.

I have checked technet and found one article relating to this:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;179875

but the resolution here does not fix my problem.

I have tried re-applying service pack 4 and reinstalling ie6 sp1 to no
avail.

Any ideas?

Andy Lawrence
Anonymous
August 25, 2005 5:52:46 AM

I re-applied Service pack 4 again and now the issue seems to have
cleared but performance is still slow.

I guess there must be another issue in this box somewhere...

Andy Lawrence
!