Help Installing Windows 2000

I am trying to install Win 2000 on a new hard drive that I purchased. I get
to the second reboot and then I get a message that says that the drive is
corrupt. I returned the first 2 drives that I received because of this
message and now I get the same message from the third.
I have installed and deleted Win 98 se on this drive with no problems and
when I do a Scandisk it does not give me any error messages. I have tried
installing from the 4 boot disk and also from the CD
Does anyone know what I may be doing wrong?
Gordon

Philo

BigBuck98 wrote:
> I am trying to install Win 2000 on a new hard drive that I purchased. I get
> to the second reboot and then I get a message that says that the drive is
> corrupt. I returned the first 2 drives that I received because of this
> message and now I get the same message from the third.
> I have installed and deleted Win 98 se on this drive with no problems and
> when I do a Scandisk it does not give me any error messages. I have tried
> installing from the 4 boot disk and also from the CD
> Does anyone know what I may be doing wrong?
> Gordon

possiblt a ram problem

run a ram test

Philo,
Could you tell me how to run a ram test.

http://www.memtest.org/