Neverwinter nights gives a black screen

Hello

I finally bought the game and installed it.
Then i did a upgrade of the game, it ran succesful
After that i made a caracter to play with

But, then i choose singleplayer, and i choose the map (prelude) and then my
person to play with. Then i see the map for about 2 sec. and then it all
gets black like this picture:
http://fidolinux.dk/temp/nwn.png

I can see on the map that i can walk aroun, and alså talk to the persons on
the field, but i cant see a thing...

What do i do?
Ive updated all my drivers + winXP, and tryed to make diff. persons, and
tryed diff. resolutions...

What do i do ?
--
Mvh. Stefan
www.fidolinux.dk

    "Fidolinux.dk" <fidolinux@FJERNfidolinux.dk> wrote in message news:<407dabac$0$427$edfadb0f@dread14.news.tele.dk>...
    > I can see on the map that i can walk aroun, and alså talk to the persons on
    > the field, but i cant see a thing...
    <snippage>

    > What do i do ?

    Well, you could start off with providing more information. what
    operating system are you using, and what are your hardware specs?

    Did it ever work for you?

    > Well, you could start off with providing more information. what
    > operating system are you using,
    Win XP

    and what are your hardware specs?
    | nwconfig.ini |

    [OS]
    OS=Windows XP v5.1 build 2600 Service Pack 1
    Result=2
    Skip=0
    [Processor]
    Type=AMD Athlon
    Vendor=AMD
    NumCPUs=1
    Speed=1470
    Result=2
    Skip=0
    [RAM]
    RAM=512
    Result=2
    Skip=0

    Type=NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200
    VRAM=128
    Desktop Resolution=1600x1200
    Desktop Color Depth=32
    Result=2
    Skip=0
    [Open GL]
    OpenGL Installed=1
    OpenGL Version=1.5.0
    Result=2
    Skip=0
    [Direct X]
    DirectX Installed=1
    DirectX Version=DirectX (8+) (4.09.00.0902)
    DirectX Build=4.09.00.0902
    Result=2
    Skip=0
    [Misc]
    Last Run=14-04-2004 22:13:03
    Scanning=0
    [Version]
    Game=1.28
    [Registry]
    LastInstalledVersion=0
    Location=D:\Spil\NeverwinterNights\NWN
    StartMenu=C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Menuen
    Start\Programmer\Neverwinter Nights
    GUID={7C503E58-B2BC-11D5-978A-0050BA84F5F7}
    Version=1.11
    Flavour=Retail
    Language=0
    InstallType=2
    [EXE Versions]
    Main=6711
    Server=6711
    Toolset=1.0.0.0
    Updater=1.02
    Config=2.0.1.3
    Launcher=1.0.11.0
    HakPak=1.0.1.4
    [Drive Info]
    C:\ = 684838912
    D:\ [Video Options]
    VideoQualitySetting=3
    EnableEnvironmentShadows=0
    CreatureShadowDetail=2
    EnableGrass=1
    EnableFastGrass=0
    NumDynamicLights=8
    NumShadowCastingLights=3
    ShinyWater=0
    CreatureWindSetting=2
    EnableVisualEffectsHigh=0
    Enable HardwareMouse=1
    AntiAliasing Mode=1
    Enable VSync=0
    Enable Truform=0
    Enable AnisotropicFiltering=0
    EnableSkyboxes=0
    Enable TextureAnimations=0
    Enable CreatureEnvironmentMapping=0
    Gamma=1.000000

    | nwnplayer.ini |

    [Game Options]
    Single Player Enforce Legal Characters=0
    Single Player ItemLevelRestrictions=0
    ClientChatLogging=0
    Memory Level=1
    Memory Access=1
    TooltipDelay uSec=100000
    Enable FloatyTextFeedback=1
    Hide SecondStoryTiles=0
    Difficulty Level=2
    MouseoverFeedback=1
    TextBubbleMode=1
    [Server Options]
    Suppress Base Servervault=0
    Game Region=0
    BackupSavedChars=1
    MaxCharLevel=40
    Game Port=5121
    Max Players=6
    Server Name=Server
    GameSpy Enabled=1
    Game Type=0
    Disable AutoSave=0
    CD Banned Behavior=0
    Disallow Shouting=0
    ShowDMJoinedMessage=1
    MPEnabled=1
    DMPassword=
    PlayerPassword=
    PVP Setting=1
    PauseAndPlay=0
    Auto Save Interval=0
    AllowLocalChars=1
    ServerDownTimer=180
    One Party Only=1
    Enforce Legal Characters=1
    ItemLevelRestrictions=0
    [Control Options]
    Zoom Speed=3.000000
    CameraTurnSpeed=1.000000
    Enable ScreenEdgeCameraTurn=1
    CameraMode=1
    EnableDialogZoom=1
    [Profile]
    ShowMessageOfTheDay=0
    ShowPregenChars=0
    JournalPage=0
    Client Port=5120
    Player Name=Fidolinux
    Email Address=
    Password=
    Remember Password=1
    ServerList Show All Versions=0
    Current Page=0
    ServerList Hide Passworded=1
    ServerList Hide Local Vault=0
    ServerList Hide Server Vault=0
    Group Room=277
    ServerList PingFilter=0
    ServerList HideEmptyServers=0
    ServerList HideFullServers=1
    ServerList ModuleNameFilter=
    [Banned Ips]
    0=
    [Banned Players]
    0=
    [Banned CD Keys]
    0=
    [Favorites Page]
    Server0=
    Server1=
    Server2=
    Server3=
    Server4=
    Server5=
    Server6=
    Server7=
    Server8=
    Server9=
    Server10=
    Server11=
    Server12=
    Server13=
    Server14=
    Server15=
    Server16=
    Server17=
    Server18=
    Server19=
    Server20=
    Server21=
    Server22=
    Server23=
    Server24=
    Server25=
    Server26=
    Server27=
    Server28=
    Server29=
    Server30=
    Server31=

    | autoexec.bat |

    | config.sys |

    > Did it ever work for you?

    No ever

    instead of tryin to run the game at maximum video resolution, try runnin it
    at minimum. according to your nwn.ini yer tryin to force a geforce fx 5200
    at 1600*1200 at 32bpp...i'm still laffing...

    ....Syn...
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    "Visceral_Syn" <someone@somewhere.com> looked up from reading the
    say:

    >instead of tryin to run the game at maximum video resolution, try runnin it
    >at minimum. according to your nwn.ini yer tryin to force a geforce fx 5200
    >at 1600*1200 at 32bpp...i'm still laffing...

    Is an FX5200 going to be less capable than a Geforce3Ti200?
    I'm only asking since that's the card I have and it had no problem
    showing 1600x1200, or even 1920x1440, both at 32bpp.

    Xocyll
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    > >instead of tryin to run the game at maximum video resolution, try runnin
    it
    > >at minimum. according to your nwn.ini yer tryin to force a geforce fx
    5200
    > >at 1600*1200 at 32bpp...i'm still laffing...

    Shouldnt be any problem, and i have tried it at 800X600 60 hz also....

    > Is an FX5200 going to be less capable than a Geforce3Ti200?
    > I'm only asking since that's the card I have and it had no problem
    > showing 1600x1200, or even 1920x1440, both at 32bpp.

    Ya, it should not be any problem at all
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    "Fidolinux.dk" <fidolinux@FJERNfidolinux.dk> wrote in message news:<40858203$0$500$edfadb0f@dread14.news.tele.dk>...
    > Ya, it should not be any problem at all

    Your setup looks OK at a quick glance. Looks like you installed NWN
    OC, then HotU? What do you see when you click on your character
    sheet? (click on the torso under the sword in the right hand column,
    under the portrait)

    I would suggest uninstalling the games, then loading only NWN OC to
    see if that works. At this point, we can't tell if the incompatibility
    is with the OC or the HotU expansion. (Do you also have SoU
    installed?)
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    > I would suggest uninstalling the games, then loading only NWN OC to
    > see if that works. At this point, we can't tell if the incompatibility
    > is with the OC or the HotU expansion. (Do you also have SoU
    > installed?)

    I havnt got the expansion, this is only the main game
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    "Fidolinux.dk" <fidolinux@FJERNfidolinux.dk> wrote in message news:<40881e8b$0$475$edfadb0f@dread14.news.tele.dk>...
    > > I would suggest uninstalling the games, then loading only NWN OC to
    > > see if that works. At this point, we can't tell if the incompatibility
    > > is with the OC or the HotU expansion. (Do you also have SoU
    > > installed?)
    >
    > I havnt got the expansion, this is only the main game

    I'd suggest uninstalling, then, and reinstalling just the main game
    (NWN Original Campaign) without patching it.

    It looks like you may have installed a Hordes of the Underdark (HotU)
    patch, rather than the NWN OC patch (just guessing, I post from work
    and obviously - unfortunately - don't have NWN installed in my work
    computer! So I can't look to compare)

    My guess is based on something you posted that indicates max level of
    40 - if it's the NWN OC or Shadows of Undrentide, you should be
    limited to a max level of 20.

    If you can get the unpatched version working, go back and download the
    specific patch for NWN. When BioWare releases patches, they will
    release a patch for each game (NWN OC, SoU, and HotU)

Games Video Games