sync inbox with outlook express

April 5, 2005 2:11:19 PM

I'm new to PDAs so apologies if this is a dumb question.

I don't use Outlook on my PC so I want to sync my PocketPC inbox with
Outlook express - is this possble ?

Thanks

Tobit
Anonymous
April 5, 2005 2:11:20 PM

Yes, with a third-party application like SyncExpress or Intellisync...

http://www.syncdata.it
http://www.sync.com/is_desktop_main.html

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"TC" <tc@DON'TSPAMMEtcassociates.co.uk> wrote in message news:D 2to87$ohk$1@sparta.btinternet.com...
> I'm new to PDAs so apologies if this is a dumb question.
>
> I don't use Outlook on my PC so I want to sync my PocketPC inbox with Outlook express - is this
> possble ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Tobit

Anonymous
April 5, 2005 2:15:46 PM

TC wrote:
> I'm new to PDAs so apologies if this is a dumb question.
>
> I don't use Outlook on my PC so I want to sync my PocketPC inbox with
> Outlook express - is this possble ?

Go to www.handango.com and search for SyncExpress, I think that may do what
you want.

Tony
Related resources
April 5, 2005 5:40:35 PM

SyncExpress works perfectly - Thanks

One more question if I may.

I have always avoided using outlook on the PC, but the Win Mobile2003
calander app seems rather good. Is there a version of this (or another
relatively basic calender/ tasks app.) I can use on my PC and sync with the
PDA, thus avoiding having to use outlook?

Thanks again
--
Tobit
Anonymous

what in particular do you dislike about outlook ? in all seriousness, you
can sync with other Personal management programs using third party apps like
intellisync, but none will work as seamlessly with your pocketpc as outlook.
IMHO outlook is a very robust personal management program, that works well
in it simplest of task (which makes it fairly easy for beginners), but also
offers many more advanced features for the "geeks" of the world.

"TC" <tc@DON'TSPAMMEtcassociates.co.uk> wrote in message
news:D 2u4gj$ndv$1@titan.btinternet.com...
| SyncExpress works perfectly - Thanks
|
| One more question if I may.
|
| I have always avoided using outlook on the PC, but the Win Mobile2003
| calander app seems rather good. Is there a version of this (or another
| relatively basic calender/ tasks app.) I can use on my PC and sync with
the
| PDA, thus avoiding having to use outlook?
|
| Thanks again
| --
| Tobit

April 6, 2005 1:22:29 PM

Hmmm - When I first used outlook (back in the dark ages) I found it slow and
cumbersome and haven't really tried since. In the past I have set up all my
diary/ calendar systems in excel with macros to do entirely what I wanted.
However, you have made me think again and after a night of playing with
outlook and chucking in some add-ons (year view etc) you are probably right.
Thanks for showing me the light (although I may be cursing this decision in
the future !!)

One associated question through - is it possible to show notes on the Today
Screen on my Axim ?

Thanks

--
Tobit