Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

what do best buy/circuit city use to display hdtv's?

Last response: in Home Theatre
Share
April 16, 2004 3:05:24 AM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

Hi,

I was wondering where they get the HD source to display on the HD tv's?
thx,

jason
Anonymous
April 16, 2004 7:45:22 AM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 23:10:10 GMT, "Badger"
<cferriola@1removenumbers2triad.3rr.4com> wrote:

>My best buy store has no HD display. All they have is a line double sample
>DVD, which has all the HD logos and sports stuff on it, but it's not HD.
>Clay

Thats why a lot of people arent that impressed with HDTV . I was like
that in the past. Thats HDTV ???? I used to think when I saw them at
the local Tower Video (they had one set up for a month) and CC , etc.

The local Sears does the best job but they only have some static
images of flowers etc which look nice , very sharp and colorful but
dont grab you. They should have lots of recorded stuff - travel shows
and science shows like on Discovery HD.
Anonymous
April 16, 2004 7:45:23 AM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 03:45:22 GMT, "John@Smith.com"
<xxxxspud@newscene.com> wrote:

>>My best buy store has no HD display. All they have is a line double sample
>>DVD, which has all the HD logos and sports stuff on it, but it's not HD.
>>Clay
>
>Thats why a lot of people arent that impressed with HDTV . I was like
>that in the past. Thats HDTV ???? I used to think when I saw them at
>the local Tower Video (they had one set up for a month) and CC , etc.
>
>The local Sears does the best job but they only have some static
>images of flowers etc which look nice , very sharp and colorful but
>dont grab you. They should have lots of recorded stuff - travel shows
>and science shows like on Discovery HD.
>
At Sears, we display the Dish Network HDTV Demonstration Channel.
Related resources
Anonymous
April 16, 2004 1:51:35 PM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

"Jason" <xzpqsw@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:Xns94CCC226CC588xzpqsw@204.127.199.17...
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering where they get the HD source to display on the HD tv's?
> thx,
>

The guy at Best Buy said they have their own channel on DirecTV. Could be
true.

Brad H
Anonymous
April 16, 2004 9:48:00 PM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

I spent 3 weeks on and off at BB before finaly buying somewhere else. What
they have is a DVD Playing in a loop. I seen how good the Discovery channel
looked, so next day took her out there, same thing over and over.
I do like BB for most things, but I think I'm right when I say that
Sears has a lot of stock in BB, so think about it.

"Brad Houser" <bradDOThouser@intel.com> wrote in message
news:c5p2uo$6i9$1@news01.intel.com...
>
> "Jason" <xzpqsw@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:Xns94CCC226CC588xzpqsw@204.127.199.17...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I was wondering where they get the HD source to display on the HD tv's?
> > thx,
> >
>
> The guy at Best Buy said they have their own channel on DirecTV. Could be
> true.
>
> Brad H
>
>
Anonymous
April 17, 2004 1:14:14 AM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 17:30:59 GMT, Thumper <jaylsmithx@comcast.net>
wrote:

>Every time I walk by a Sears display I wish I was head department but
>then I figure that the stupidity must be coming from higher up.

It is and it starts at the very top with Alan Lacy. I'm actually
shocked that he and his cronies actually got something right by
catching on to the huge HDTV market and our need to actually properly
display our tv's. I don't know about in your neck of the woods, but
where I live we have *the* largest selection of HDTV's in our whole
region... a huge selection of HDTV's under the type of lighting that
is best utilized to sell pillows and bedspreads. I'm actually looking
forward to seeing a little bit of sanity finally being displayed by
the Home Electronics Dept's merchandisers.
Anonymous
April 17, 2004 1:19:56 AM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 17:48:00 -0500, "Joe H" <JoeT@mailpuppy.com>
wrote:

>I spent 3 weeks on and off at BB before finaly buying somewhere else. What
>they have is a DVD Playing in a loop. I seen how good the Discovery channel
>looked, so next day took her out there, same thing over and over.
> I do like BB for most things, but I think I'm right when I say that
>Sears has a lot of stock in BB, so think about it.

I know at Sears, we display the HDTV Demonstration channel. It's
actually a Dish channel so authorized Dish dealers such as Sears can
utilize it to help boost sales of Dish Network as well as HDTV's.
It's just the same thing over and over and over but the channel's
broadcast material is carefully selected because of it's high colors,
contrast and different brightness levels, so people get the idea HD is
always so stunning, bright and colorful and that having both an HDTV
and HD Dish will look just like this in your own home.
Anonymous
April 17, 2004 2:06:43 PM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

That is something, go to BB and all the TV's look real good, (even the cheap
regular ones), bring it home and you can't believe the terrible picture.
I have asked what they use for a amplifier and filter to get that good a
picture as I want to buy one, they just stand there and look at me, no
answer.

"HDTV-slingr" <NOSPAMMERS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:uo4180tbuf7s3k1aq81j9113fj7hekggtn@4ax.com...
> On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 17:48:00 -0500, "Joe H" <JoeT@mailpuppy.com>
> wrote:
>
> >I spent 3 weeks on and off at BB before finaly buying somewhere else.
What
> >they have is a DVD Playing in a loop. I seen how good the Discovery
channel
> >looked, so next day took her out there, same thing over and over.
> > I do like BB for most things, but I think I'm right when I say that
> >Sears has a lot of stock in BB, so think about it.
>
> I know at Sears, we display the HDTV Demonstration channel. It's
> actually a Dish channel so authorized Dish dealers such as Sears can
> utilize it to help boost sales of Dish Network as well as HDTV's.
> It's just the same thing over and over and over but the channel's
> broadcast material is carefully selected because of it's high colors,
> contrast and different brightness levels, so people get the idea HD is
> always so stunning, bright and colorful and that having both an HDTV
> and HD Dish will look just like this in your own home.
>
>
Anonymous
April 18, 2004 12:42:21 AM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

In article <x6OdnSLbic7l2hzdRVn-uA@giganews.com>, "Joe H" <JoeT@mailpuppy.com> wrote:
>That is something, go to BB and all the TV's look real good, (even the cheap
>regular ones), bring it home and you can't believe the terrible picture.
> I have asked what they use for a amplifier and filter to get that good a
>picture as I want to buy one, they just stand there and look at me, no
>answer.

Who is they? If you're talking about the salespeople, I doubt that they know,
or even understand the question. I'm sure they have people who travel from
store-to-store settint these things up, probably working out of the district
office.

--
Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH
Anonymous
April 19, 2004 10:43:34 PM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

"Brad Houser" <bradDOThouser@intel.com> wrote in message
news:c5p2uo$6i9$1@news01.intel.com...
:
: "Jason" <xzpqsw@hotmail.com> wrote in message
: news:Xns94CCC226CC588xzpqsw@204.127.199.17...
: > Hi,
: >
: > I was wondering where they get the HD source to display on the HD
tv's?
: > thx,
: >
:
: The guy at Best Buy said they have their own channel on DirecTV. Could
be
: true.
:
=============
Not sure what BB channel is, but Circuit City is channel 590 on direcTV
============
!