windows xp andd configuring home networking

Tags:
  • Networking
  • Windows XP
January 30, 2005 9:19:53 AM

Hi ,

I need some help. I am trying to configure home networking between my
desktop and laptop computers. I have connectivity and I am using the
"mshome' worksgroup. When I am on my laptop and click on my desktop
icon, it gives me this error message:

\\ajvdesktop is not accesible. you might not have permission to use this
network resource. contact the administrator of this server to find out
if you have access permissions. access is denied

any help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks,
Anthony

More about : windows andd configuring home networking

Anonymous
January 30, 2005 9:19:54 AM

Remove the sharing on the folders on the desktop computer and re-enable
sharing. That should clear the issue.

"aj" <avigilan@verizon.net> wrote in message
news:D 0%Kd.2067$qP.1452@trnddc04...
> Hi ,
>
> I need some help. I am trying to configure home networking between my
> desktop and laptop computers. I have connectivity and I am using the
> "mshome' worksgroup. When I am on my laptop and click on my desktop icon,
> it gives me this error message:
>
> \\ajvdesktop is not accesible. you might not have permission to use this
> network resource. contact the administrator of this server to find out if
> you have access permissions. access is denied
>

> any help would be greatly appreciated!
>
> thanks,
> Anthony
Anonymous
January 31, 2005 7:45:37 PM

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 06:19:53 GMT, aj wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> I need some help. I am trying to configure home networking between my
> desktop and laptop computers. I have connectivity and I am using the
> "mshome' worksgroup. When I am on my laptop and click on my desktop
> icon, it gives me this error message:
>
> \\ajvdesktop is not accesible. you might not have permission to use this
> network resource. contact the administrator of this server to find out
> if you have access permissions. access is denied
>

> any help would be greatly appreciated!
>
> thanks,
> Anthony

Using XP Pro with simple file sharing disabled, I used the following
article to setup sharing on my home network. Found it very easy to follow
and it worked for me.
http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp_fileshar...

Note: If you have XP Home or prefer simple file sharing in Pro, the above
page has a link in the first introductory paragraphs that goes to a second
article that covers sharing when "simple file sharing" is enabled.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Colin Barnhorst wrote:
> Remove the sharing on the folders on the desktop computer and re-enable
> sharing. That should clear the issue.

thanks for replying. It did not work.

-Anthony
!