David

Hi! I've tried to set up a DHCP Server on my Win2k Server and Authorized it
successfully.
I've set the following configuration in DHCP server :
1) address pool to 10.71.19.200-10.71.19.250
2) Scope Option : router 10.71.19.253
DNS 10.71.22.1------------>> which is also the
DHCP server
Domain name : abc.com

My client is set to receive IP and DNS automatically.

But, my client pc running win2k is not able to get any ip from the DHCP
server.
What step could i missed here? pls advise?

Thks!

Scott

What version of windows is the client machine? Is this the only client on
the network having this problem, are are there others? Have you verified
that the DHCP service is running on the server?

"David" wrote:

> Hi! I've tried to set up a DHCP Server on my Win2k Server and Authorized it
> successfully.
> I've set the following configuration in DHCP server :
> 1) address pool to 10.71.19.200-10.71.19.250
> 2) Scope Option : router 10.71.19.253
> DNS 10.71.22.1------------>> which is also the
> DHCP server
> Domain name : abc.com
>
> My client is set to receive IP and DNS automatically.
>
> But, my client pc running win2k is not able to get any ip from the DHCP
> server.
> What step could i missed here? pls advise?
>
> Thks!

David

Hi! My client is running Win2k SP4. That's the only PC that i was being
tested. We are currently using static IP for all the clients. So, i'm trying
on DHCP.
The DHCP server authorized and running. Any idea?

"Scott" wrote:

> What version of windows is the client machine? Is this the only client on
> the network having this problem, are are there others? Have you verified
> that the DHCP service is running on the server?
>
> "David" wrote:
>
> > Hi! I've tried to set up a DHCP Server on my Win2k Server and Authorized it
> > successfully.
> > I've set the following configuration in DHCP server :
> > 1) address pool to 10.71.19.200-10.71.19.250
> > 2) Scope Option : router 10.71.19.253
> > DNS 10.71.22.1------------>> which is also the
> > DHCP server
> > Domain name : abc.com
> >
> > My client is set to receive IP and DNS automatically.
> >
> > But, my client pc running win2k is not able to get any ip from the DHCP
> > server.
> > What step could i missed here? pls advise?
> >
> > Thks!

Scott

Ok...did you activate your scope? If so, when you run ipconfig on the
workstation does it have an auto config IP address, or does it still show the
old static address?

"David" wrote:

> Hi! My client is running Win2k SP4. That's the only PC that i was being
> tested. We are currently using static IP for all the clients. So, i'm trying
> on DHCP.
> The DHCP server authorized and running. Any idea?
>
> "Scott" wrote:
>
> > What version of windows is the client machine? Is this the only client on
> > the network having this problem, are are there others? Have you verified
> > that the DHCP service is running on the server?
> >
> > "David" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi! I've tried to set up a DHCP Server on my Win2k Server and Authorized it
> > > successfully.
> > > I've set the following configuration in DHCP server :
> > > 1) address pool to 10.71.19.200-10.71.19.250
> > > 2) Scope Option : router 10.71.19.253
> > > DNS 10.71.22.1------------>> which is also the
> > > DHCP server
> > > Domain name : abc.com
> > >
> > > My client is set to receive IP and DNS automatically.
> > >
> > > But, my client pc running win2k is not able to get any ip from the DHCP
> > > server.
> > > What step could i missed here? pls advise?
> > >
> > > Thks!

David

Hi!

Yes, i did activated it. When i run ipconfig /all, the ip address is 0.0.0.0
and it's not getting any DNS or gateway address. It doesn't show the old
static address as well(I've chosen dynamic ip for that test PC). What else
can i check?

"Scott" wrote:

> Ok...did you activate your scope? If so, when you run ipconfig on the
> workstation does it have an auto config IP address, or does it still show the
> old static address?
>
> "David" wrote:
>
> > Hi! My client is running Win2k SP4. That's the only PC that i was being
> > tested. We are currently using static IP for all the clients. So, i'm trying
> > on DHCP.
> > The DHCP server authorized and running. Any idea?
> >
> > "Scott" wrote:
> >
> > > What version of windows is the client machine? Is this the only client on
> > > the network having this problem, are are there others? Have you verified
> > > that the DHCP service is running on the server?

Scott

Next thing I would probably try if your sure the scope is setup and active
and the server has been authorized is make sure that in DHCP right click on
the server and check the properties. Make sure that there is a check next
too Enable DHCP audit logging. And check the file after a few attempts.
Next, is there anything in the event log of the Client or server relating to
DHCP. Probably the first and easiest thing to try is to remove the NIC
driver from the client and completely reinstall the network as it almost
sounds like there is a binding problem or some other related issue on the
client.