Cannot run ADD/REMOVE Programs

Hi there

Need some help.

My Windows Professional 2000 registry crashed. I reintalled and recovered
back the system and created a new admin profile.

Now I found out that I cannot run Add/Remove Programs although most of the
programs in Control Panel could run.

User have full administrator privileges.

Please advise.

Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about cannot remove programs

    On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 05:02:02 -0700, Robbo Lim <Robbo Lim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >Hi there
    >
    >Need some help.
    >
    >My Windows Professional 2000 registry crashed. I reintalled and recovered
    >back the system and created a new admin profile.
    >
    >Now I found out that I cannot run Add/Remove Programs although most of the
    >programs in Control Panel could run.
    >
    >User have full administrator privileges.
    >
    >Please advise.
    >
    >Thanks

    Try the fixes in tip 6032 » The Windows 2000 Add/Remove Programs applet does NOT open?
    and links in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsifaq.com

    Hey Jerold

    Thank you so much. Problem solved!!!

    Peace

    "Jerold Schulman" wrote:

    > On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 05:02:02 -0700, Robbo Lim <Robbo Lim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    > >Hi there
    > >
    > >Need some help.
    > >
    > >My Windows Professional 2000 registry crashed. I reintalled and recovered
    > >back the system and created a new admin profile.
    > >
    > >Now I found out that I cannot run Add/Remove Programs although most of the
    > >programs in Control Panel could run.
    > >
    > >User have full administrator privileges.
    > >
    > >Please advise.
    > >
    > >Thanks
    >

    > Try the fixes in tip 6032 » The Windows 2000 Add/Remove Programs applet does NOT open?
    > and links in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsifaq.com

Control Panel Microsoft Registry Windows