camera angles for NWN2

Andrew

If they create a neverwinter nights 2 , i hope they fix the moronic camera.

What I mean by that is when you zoom in what are you looking at?

OOOH loook i can see the freckles on the back of my players neck. Why?
Who would want to look at a players neck? Ok for screen shots zooming
almost all the way in might be good. But they should have allowed for
you to zoom in and look in essense just beside you players head.. or
even through the players eyes (1st person view) And not being able to
pan the camera angle up when zoomed way in in ####ed up in my opinion.
Why look at the ground? what is there? Stones? Grass? The monsters are a
little bit farther away than that. Basically a camera that can be
panned in a 360 degree turn, and up and down as needed.
Or even allow the camera to pan down and keep just keep panning in that
direction so that the camera goes ALL the way over so you are looking at
your character and the rest of the world upside down. .. be fun to play
that way when you are drunk. Ok maybe that last part might be asking a
little much but I think ya can see what I am hoping they add into the
next NWN.

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 13:44:36 GMT, andrew scrawled:

> If they create a neverwinter nights 2 , i hope they fix the moronic
> camera.
>
> What I mean by that is when you zoom in what are you looking at?

One of the kinematic hinges on the model. In some modes, it's actually the
PC's backside, other modes it's the head.

--
http://www.rexx.co.uk

To email me, visit the site.

There is a hack available to unlock the camera and do whatever you want
with it here:
http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/hakpacks/data/1028560389795.shtml

As of this post it's been downloaded over 130000 times, and of the few
who have bothered to vote (people almost never do), it has averaged 9.59
out of 10.

Disclaimer: I myself am fine with the standard camera so I have no
personal experience with it. ;)

This horse was dead 2 years ago. Really.

The engine for this game was designed around year 2000. Try playing the
game with a machine that's 2-4 years old (and not necessarily top of the
line for its time) and use the camera hack to play with first person
perspective. You may begin to appreciate why the camera is as fixed as it
is. This is not an FPS.

And the reason the camera doesn't tilt up past the horizon is pretty self-
evident. There is no sky. Skies were added very recently, and BioWare freed
up the camera a bit, too, if you'd rather not use the camera hack. (It's a
console command.) These consolations were made largely because people have
more powerful processors these days. There are still no ceilings indoors,
though. (Albeit, the CEP provides a kind of solution for that.)

The engine is starting to show its age, but the most persistent audience
for this game are not the kind of people who delight solely in eye candy.
We're role-players, and we were using our imaginations to fill in the gaps
long before NWN was ever released.

andrew wrote:
> If they create a neverwinter nights 2 , i hope they fix the moronic camera.

If there is an NWN2 (and Ataris has stated it will not be abandoning the
NWN or BG series), it won't be Bioware who creates it. So it will
probably be completely different from NWN.
--
Barry Scott Will
Pyric RPG Publications

If you insist on emailing me, remove all the **JUNK** first

Andrew

David Frauzel wrote:
> This horse was dead 2 years ago. Really.
>
> The engine for this game was designed around year 2000. Try playing the
> game with a machine that's 2-4 years old (and not necessarily top of the
> line for its time) and use the camera hack to play with first person
> perspective. You may begin to appreciate why the camera is as fixed as it
> is. This is not an FPS.
>
> And the reason the camera doesn't tilt up past the horizon is pretty self-
> evident. There is no sky. Skies were added very recently, and BioWare freed
> up the camera a bit, too, if you'd rather not use the camera hack. (It's a
> console command.) These consolations were made largely because people have
> more powerful processors these days. There are still no ceilings indoors,
> though. (Albeit, the CEP provides a kind of solution for that.)
>
> The engine is starting to show its age, but the most persistent audience
> for this game are not the kind of people who delight solely in eye candy.
> We're role-players, and we were using our imaginations to fill in the gaps
> long before NWN was ever released.

thanks for the info on the camera hack, i might look into it.
as for the horse being dead.. i just got the game, and started reading
this newsgroup a couple of months ago, so i'm not exactly up to speed on
what has/hasn't been discussed. . sorry