What are some 16:9 LCD computer monitor options??????

Last response: in Home Theatre
a b C Monitor
April 16, 2004 4:06:18 AM

Am I don't mean 16:9 small TV's. I'm looking for 16:9 LCD computer
monitors. Thanks.
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
April 16, 2004 12:23:50 PM

Sony makes a nice Wega widescreen, I can't remember the model number. I
would also check out Samsung.

Doug

"Chop Top" <mail@server.com> wrote in message
> Am I don't mean 16:9 small TV's. I'm looking for 16:9 LCD computer
> monitors. Thanks.
April 16, 2004 12:46:23 PM

Sounds like you're smart enough to know that tv's and computer monitors are
NOT the same thing. Apple of course has one and I seem to remember that
Gateway does too.

"Chop Top" <mail@server.com> wrote in message
> Am I don't mean 16:9 small TV's. I'm looking for 16:9 LCD computer
> monitors. Thanks.
a b C Monitor
April 16, 2004 2:32:33 PM

Since the technology in the displays are the same, the two are used
interchangably for PC monitors. If you go to: Dell, Gateway, HP,
etc... and tell them you want a 16:9 monitor they will direct you to
their LCD 16:9 "Televisons" because they are designed to be used as
monitors as well in most cases.

If you're interested in Dell's offerings, check out their site:
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/category.aspx?c=us&l...

Apple Computer seems to be the only exception to this rule. They do
manufactuer a 16:9 monitor for their Macintosh line.

http://store.apple.com/

-Jeremy

Chop Top <mail@server.com> wrote in message news:<csmu70hd58m3tor7l8rur3mbein7sc1d2v@4ax.com>...
> Am I don't mean 16:9 small TV's. I'm looking for 16:9 LCD computer
> monitors. Thanks.
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
April 16, 2004 6:15:45 PM

Not all of them (Plasma's and rear-projection sets should definately
not be used as computer monitors), however in regard to LCD HD-Ready
display, they are essentially the same as a high-end LCD computer
monitor display.

This is why most LCD HDTVs offer native SVGA input. It does no harm to
the set and it works great.

The only technical difference is likely on an LCD HDTV you'll get a
tuner and a remote control (even this isn't always the case, in some
cases you just get SVGA, component inputs and DVI).

Don't take my advice, contract your favorite brands manufactuerer and
ask them, they will tell you the same thing (you can also use logic to
determine this, why would they give you an SVGA input if they weren't
going to encourage use with a computer device?)

-James

"Curmudgeon" <gary@nospam.com> wrote in message news:<MrQfc.35070$UC4.10129@bignews2.bellsouth.net>...
> Sounds like you're smart enough to know that tv's and computer monitors are
> NOT the same thing. Apple of course has one and I seem to remember that
> Gateway does too.
>
> "Chop Top" <mail@server.com> wrote in message
> > Am I don't mean 16:9 small TV's. I'm looking for 16:9 LCD computer
> > monitors. Thanks.
April 16, 2004 9:10:13 PM

"Chop Top" <mail@server.com> wrote in message
> Am I don't mean 16:9 small TV's. I'm looking for 16:9 LCD computer
> monitors. Thanks.

The Samsung 240T rocks. It's discontinued now, but some are showing up on
ebay.
The new model is the 243T. Almost the same, but no PIP.
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
April 16, 2004 9:58:22 PM

"JDeats" <jeremy@pdq.net> wrote in message
> Since the technology in the displays are the same, the two are used
> interchangably for PC monitors. If you go to: Dell, Gateway, HP,
> etc... and tell them you want a 16:9 monitor they will direct you to
> their LCD 16:9 "Televisons" because they are designed to be used as
> monitors as well in most cases.
>
> If you're interested in Dell's offerings, check out their site:

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/category.aspx?c=us&l...
=5914

> Apple Computer seems to be the only exception to this rule. They do
> manufactuer a 16:9 monitor for their Macintosh line.
>
> http://store.apple.com/

The question is why one might want to pay $800 for 17" widescreen TV/Monitor
combo which is smaller (has less area) than $450 17" standard LCD monitor.
April 16, 2004 10:21:20 PM

Take a look at Etronics
http://www.etronics.com/mysearchcat.asp?catid=4601&stor...

They have a hell of a selection and it don't cost anything to look.

"Chop Top" <mail@server.com> wrote in message
> Am I don't mean 16:9 small TV's. I'm looking for 16:9 LCD computer
> monitors. Thanks.
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
April 17, 2004 6:44:38 AM

JDeats wrote:

The Dell 17" is only about $499 and gets excellent reviews.

--
David G.
Anonymous

Chop Top <mail@server.com> wrote in message news:<csmu70hd58m3tor7l8rur3mbein7sc1d2v@4ax.com>...
> Am I don't mean 16:9 small TV's. I'm looking for 16:9 LCD computer
> monitors. Thanks.

I've been wanting to buy the Sony SDM-P232W 23" LCD screen. The price
is around $2K.
!