Sidonas

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2007
I've got 512Mb of kingston DDR400 CL3 ( KVRx64c3a/512 ) . I've bought another KVRx64c3a/512 ... When i put both of them together windows is not running up. When i put one of them ( any ) system goes up, everything works. You could say its because of bad slot in my mobo. But when i put A-data ram + kingston ram everything works.. Dunno what's wrong... HELP PLEASE

nobly

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
I would run memtest86 - it will test whatever RAM you have in the motherboard. If errors show up, the RAM is bad. Sounds like that 2nd kingston stick is bad.
return/RMA it.

http://www.memtest86.com/

Sidonas

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2007
It's not bad. Because I'm using it now. But i can't put them all together. I've tested this ram with Rightmark memory stability test. No errors. This one is ok. But when i put em both together. Whole sh** goes wrong...

w3as3l

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2006
i think its a bug with the rams, have heard of same problems with some friends but i also have a similar setup and there are no problems, i think it has got to do something with the dual channel mode that the ram operates in.

nobly

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
Yes you are correct, your board does not support dual channel.

I would run memtest86 - it does different things than Rightmark. Rightmark sounds like it does more benchmark-type testing, while memtest86 will actually test each byte of your memory by writing and reading to that specific byte.

Its obviously something with the RAM, right? Cuz if you put the 2 kingstons in there, it has problems. So run memtest w/ them in.

The kingston that you picked up is the #1 suspect because your computer worked fine before you even put it in. So hence, something either must be wrong w/ the RAM, or something got zapped, etc. But the 1st possibility is more probable.

Sidonas

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2007
It's my mobo, I think. It doesn't support single sided + doublesided rams to work on 400mhz. I've downclocked them to 320 and now it's fine...

Latest posts