reboot

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2001

I just downloaded and installed about 10 MS critical updates and now it's
stuck in a boot/reboot cycle. This happens in regular bootup, safe mode, and
last known configuration.

And they want us to let them automatically install all updates....

--
Walterius

"reboot" <reboot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I just downloaded and installed about 10 MS critical updates and now it's
> stuck in a boot/reboot cycle. This happens in regular bootup, safe mode,
and
> last known configuration.

Jim

I just left a customer site with the same problem. W2K domain controller with
SP4 installed, just added the August patches and it keeps rebooting!

It is a Dell Poweredge 1600SC with Perc4/SC and VS80 tape drive.

We've been on the phone with MS for three hours and can't get anyone on the
line (in the Server critical queue!).

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

I had that happen on a machine, Fdisked and reinstalled everything from
scratch. After adding the patches -same deal.

Right now it does a scandisk that takes about 45 minutes each time it boots
or else it will just blue screen (seems to be confused about swap space). I
checked the page file, and it looks like it's set correctly.
--
Chris de Grasse