Error Message - KAVSVC.EXE

I found the following message for more than 2 times,

The instruction at "0x77fed703" referred to memory at "0x08af00f4". The
memory could not be "read".

I have done system format recently and i use Win 2000 in C drive and Win XP
in D drive, i have installed Kaspersky in both the OS.

Till now i am not able to complete the full system scan, when i tried to
complete it, it did till 95% and it took long time and did not complete the
full scan.

Thanks.

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:02F79A7D-85F7-4BE5-BF77-D1A62CAFE4FE@microsoft.com,
Mahie <Mahie@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> I found the following message for more than 2 times,
>
> The instruction at "0x77fed703" referred to memory at "0x08af00f4".
> The memory could not be "read".
>
> I have done system format recently and i use Win 2000 in C drive and
> Win XP in D drive, i have installed Kaspersky in both the OS.
>
> Till now i am not able to complete the full system scan, when i tried
> to complete it, it did till 95% and it took long time and did not
> complete the full scan.
>
> Thanks.

For starters make sure you're using the latest KAV. As this is the service
and not the handy dandy GUI then it's unlikely that a repair installation is
going to help. When you do your scan you should disable everything else and
I'd actually recommend trying only scanning D: drive from C: and C: drive
from D: to see if that helps. While it won't pick up running processes
native to that OS installation it will scan all the files on the drive
without having to worry about scanning current system files that are in use
and when it's run in normal mode it should pick up on any running processes
anyhow. Another option to consider is updating your definitions and then
scanning in safe mode.

You might wish to take a trip to http://forum.kaspersky.com if using the
latest version doesn't do the trick for you.

Galen
--

"Chance has put in our way a most singular and whimsical problem, and
its solution is its own reward."

Sherlock Holmes