W2K startup fails

to free up spaceI installed w2K in a primary partion of a computer that came
with XP installed. WK2 was running fine.I deleted the XP partition, edited
the boot.ini and now WK2 tries to start, gives the starting windows page,
then flashes too fast to read a blue screen with msg, then it reboots
endlessly. It will go into safe mode. Repair process from CD failed to fix
problem. Any help appreciated. Greg

Unfortunately, Microsoft says over and over not to install two OS's in one
partition. Next time, use Partition Magic or something like it to split in
two the partition that can spare the space.

Alternatively, since it seems like you don't want XP, just format the
partition and reinstall 2K.

--
Walterius

"gentis" <gentis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> to free up spaceI installed w2K in a primary partion of a computer that
came
> with XP installed. WK2 was running fine.I deleted the XP partition,
edited
> the boot.ini and now WK2 tries to start, gives the starting windows page,
> then flashes too fast to read a blue screen with msg, then it reboots
> endlessly. It will go into safe mode. Repair process from CD failed to
fix
> problem. Any help appreciated. Greg

You misunderstood. Xp came pre-loaded and I used PartitionMagic to install
W2K on it's own partion. This istall was working fine for a year. I deleted
the partition that XP was on, and now W2K will not restart.