SP4 install failure

While trying to upgrade to SP4 on Win 2000 Pro, I get the following error:
when almost completed, a pop up labeled "sp4iis" says: "Required dll not
found" click OK and another popup is there. It too is labeled "sp4iis" but
announces "Setup failed to remove ism.dll script mapping. Service pack setup
will abort. It allows me to roll back and undo the install, but I cannot
upgrade to SP4

"sureshot" <sureshot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>While trying to upgrade to SP4 on Win 2000 Pro, I get the following error:
>when almost completed, a pop up labeled "sp4iis" says: "Required dll not
>found" click OK and another popup is there. It too is labeled "sp4iis" but
>announces "Setup failed to remove ism.dll script mapping. Service pack setup
>will abort. It allows me to roll back and undo the install, but I cannot
>upgrade to SP4

Try stopping the IISadmin and W3SVC before installing SP4. Also, get
the full SP4 package (135MB or so) instead of doing the express
install from Windows Update.

You might also see if
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;328617 is
relevant. If your IIS database is corrupt in some way, the above
failure could happen.

Finally, peruse various entries at
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=windows%202000%20sp4%20sp4iis&hl=en&lr=&sa=N&tab=wg
and see if any help.
--
Ed Hansberry

Thanks Ed.

I had already tried stopping the IIS.

But what did work was:
1) uninstall IIS (back up DB before uninstalling)
2) Using sp4 full install version as you suggested.

Thanks for the help!