Windows CE 3.X and Windows Mobile 2003

April 5, 2005 2:50:56 PM

I created a program using visual studio.Net 2003 in Visual Basic .Net. I
deployed the app to a Symbol device runnign Windows Mobile 2003. I now have
to deploy it to a device running Windows CE 3.X (I don't know what version
exactly) and I was wondering if this can be done.
Anonymous
April 5, 2005 7:33:56 PM

On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 10:50:56 -0400, "Eric" <ericf@montpak.ca> wrote:

>I created a program using visual studio.Net 2003 in Visual Basic .Net. I
>deployed the app to a Symbol device runnign Windows Mobile 2003. I now have
>to deploy it to a device running Windows CE 3.X (I don't know what version
>exactly) and I was wondering if this can be done.

Variations on this question have been asked and answered in several
_programming_ newsgroups. Short answer: almost certainly not, without
rebuilding.

Also, "Windows 3.x" is ambiguous. It _could_ mean version 3.0 of the
Windows CE operating system, and thus probably Pocket PC, Pocket PC
2002, or HPC 2000. But it could also mean "Windows CE for HPC Pro
Version 3.0", which is really version 2.11 of the Windows CE operating
system plus version 3.0 of the Pocket Apps. (And yes, I have marketing
materials that really do use Windows CE 3 to mean the latter.)

Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
PenFact, Inc.
500 Harrison Ave., Suite 3R
Boston, MA 02118