San Jose, CA - another OTA Question

Last response: in Home Theatre
April 17, 2004 7:26:54 AM

I was reading about a small indoor antenna called the Zenith Silver Sensor -
some good reviews. When I got DTV I took my roof antenna down - not
realizing I could use the UHF part for OTA HD signals. I want to try this,
so I thought the Zenith would be a good antenna to start with. I head to
Fry's in San Jose (CA) and find that all 6 have been returned - telling me
it's not going to work very well in this area. I have the station map
printed out and many channels are 45 miles away.

Does any one in the San Jose area use the Zenith antenna? If so, I have the
Samsung 360 receiver - and I'd like to know how it works / if it works well
enough to buy one.

Thanks

sc

More about : san jose ota question

Anonymous
April 17, 2004 5:37:19 PM

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 03:26:54 GMT, "Scott C" <sns1820@aol.com> wrote:

>I was reading about a small indoor antenna called the Zenith Silver Sensor -
>some good reviews. When I got DTV I took my roof antenna down - not
>realizing I could use the UHF part for OTA HD signals. I want to try this,
>so I thought the Zenith would be a good antenna to start with. I head to
>Fry's in San Jose (CA) and find that all 6 have been returned - telling me
>it's not going to work very well in this area. I have the station map
>printed out and many channels are 45 miles away.
>
>Does any one in the San Jose area use the Zenith antenna? If so, I have the
>Samsung 360 receiver - and I'd like to know how it works / if it works well
>enough to buy one.
>
>Thanks
>
>sc

Silver Sensor generally is best from 15-20 miles or less. For 45
miles, your going to need an outdoor roof antenae.
Anonymous
April 19, 2004 3:44:14 AM

Just connected up my old TV antenna (UHF part), now just laying on the roof,
and ran into the Samsung 360 - it worked great. Can't wait to get a better
antenna and actually 'point it' - don't have a compass yet.. but will get
one.

Scott

!