San Jose, CA - another OTA Question

I was reading about a small indoor antenna called the Zenith Silver Sensor -
some good reviews. When I got DTV I took my roof antenna down - not
realizing I could use the UHF part for OTA HD signals. I want to try this,
so I thought the Zenith would be a good antenna to start with. I head to
Fry's in San Jose (CA) and find that all 6 have been returned - telling me
it's not going to work very well in this area. I have the station map
printed out and many channels are 45 miles away.

Does any one in the San Jose area use the Zenith antenna? If so, I have the
Samsung 360 receiver - and I'd like to know how it works / if it works well
enough to buy one.

Thanks

sc
2 answers Last reply
More about jose question

    On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 03:26:54 GMT, "Scott C" <sns1820@aol.com> wrote:

    >I was reading about a small indoor antenna called the Zenith Silver Sensor -
    >some good reviews. When I got DTV I took my roof antenna down - not
    >realizing I could use the UHF part for OTA HD signals. I want to try this,
    >so I thought the Zenith would be a good antenna to start with. I head to
    >Fry's in San Jose (CA) and find that all 6 have been returned - telling me
    >it's not going to work very well in this area. I have the station map
    >printed out and many channels are 45 miles away.
    >
    >Does any one in the San Jose area use the Zenith antenna? If so, I have the
    >Samsung 360 receiver - and I'd like to know how it works / if it works well
    >enough to buy one.
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >sc

    Silver Sensor generally is best from 15-20 miles or less. For 45
    miles, your going to need an outdoor roof antenae.

    Just connected up my old TV antenna (UHF part), now just laying on the roof,
    and ran into the Samsung 360 - it worked great. Can't wait to get a better
    antenna and actually 'point it' - don't have a compass yet.. but will get
    one.

    Scott

    "Spunky Jones" <spunkyjones@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 03:26:54 GMT, "Scott C" <sns1820@aol.com> wrote:
    >
    > >I was reading about a small indoor antenna called the Zenith Silver
    Sensor -
    > >some good reviews. When I got DTV I took my roof antenna down - not
    > >realizing I could use the UHF part for OTA HD signals. I want to try
    this,
    > >so I thought the Zenith would be a good antenna to start with. I head to
    > >Fry's in San Jose (CA) and find that all 6 have been returned - telling
    me
    > >it's not going to work very well in this area. I have the station map
    > >printed out and many channels are 45 miles away.
    > >
    > >Does any one in the San Jose area use the Zenith antenna? If so, I have
    the
    > >Samsung 360 receiver - and I'd like to know how it works / if it works
    well
    > >enough to buy one.
    > >
    > >Thanks
    > >
    > >sc
    > >

    > Silver Sensor generally is best from 15-20 miles or less. For 45
    > miles, your going to need an outdoor roof antenae.

HDTV Home Theatre