Rate my new mid range build

ltpimp

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2010
Hey guys!

ive just recently built a new "Mid range" gaming pc on a tight budget, and i would like to get ur opion on it.

Specs:

CPU: AMD AM3 Phenom II x4 945

Cooler: Zalman CNPS9500 AMD socket

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-M720-Us3

Graphics: PowerColor 1gb HD 5750 (was going to get 5770 but the place i got it out ran out of stock)

Case: Thermaltake V3 Black Edition with 450w PSU which i am soon going to change it to a 450w Corsair VX 450w.

Memory: 2gb ddr2 800 Kingston (1x1) (which i am going to change to 4gb once i get a bit more cash)

HDD: 80gb Seagate barracuda 7200.7 (which i am also going to upgrade once i get more cash, because i had it laying around)

Thanks!

Looks prett good from my standpoint, all things considered. I would definately go wit a Memory upgrade as soon as the budget allows as well as the Hdd. As for the PSU, it is not so much the Wattage of the PSU ( In this case 450w ), but what you have on the +12v Rails. The Nvidia 9800GT I have in my eMachines, requires a minimum of 400w w/ 18a on the +12v Rail. I had that with Antec Basiq 500w PSU I had in there. When the gaming got intensive, the 18a wasn't quite enough and had to cut back on the game settings a bit. I changed the PSU out to a Corsair 650w PSU that had 52a on the rail. I haven't checked out the specs on that 5770, but I would imagine it take some juice on the rails ( I also think it takes two PCIe 6 pin connections ). That Phenom II x4 Black 965 is a nice processor. As the budget allows, a few addtional tweaks here and there you'll be in real good shape, but not bad now.