Question about Wireless Cards

Hey, I'm building a new gaming PC and i plan on putting it up in my room. Unfortunately I don't have a jack in my room to plug my comp into so i need a wireless card. I really don;t know much about wireless cards so if anyone could recommend a good one I'd appreciate it.
I plan on using the PC for online MMO's so having a great card to give me stable internet access is a must.
SO if anyone knows a great card let me know, I really appreciate the help all.
4 answers Last reply
More about question wireless cards
  1. Not much to know. Get the brand that matches your wireless router (or access point). They often play better together. Remember you'll have connection problems when a 2.8Mhz cordless phone is in use.
  2. Personally I've always used D-Link PCI card/USB, with DLink ADSL Modem routers and not had any problems.
  3. Linksys is owned by Cisco now. I like having that name on my networking products.

(Except the perimeter router/AP. It's an early Linksys w/ DD-WRT firmwarez but that's a whole `nother thread. :) )
  4. I like that a lot of Linksys products have other firmware options available...Something to consider :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Wireless Gaming Internet Access Components