*please help me* error message every time i try to open a ..

this is what i get when i try to open winamp or AIM, as well as windows
components such as "add/remove programs" oir even when i try to run a disc

PROGRAM ERROR!
(fill in the blank).exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows.
You will need to restart the program.

An error log is being created

what am i to do? if someone out there can help me out, please help.

e-mail me @ keebajones@yahoo.com
1 answer Last reply
More about please error message time open

    keeba shares the same problem we're having. We're at the point where we'll
    just haul the thing into the shop unless we get an answer this weekend. Our
    antivirus updates package expires tomorrow, but, I can't download the new and
    improved version we bought on-line almost 2 weeks ago because it requires me
    to open an icon it created on my desktop...which, like everything else on my
    desktop, just gives me error reports. So far, Symantec isn't that helpful
    and the computer repair shop is too busy to call back. 'Appreciate any help!
    Marci

    "keeba jones" wrote:

    > this is what i get when i try to open winamp or AIM, as well as windows
    > components such as "add/remove programs" oir even when i try to run a disc
    >

    > PROGRAM ERROR!
    > (fill in the blank).exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows.
    > You will need to restart the program.
    >
    > An error log is being created
    >
    > what am i to do? if someone out there can help me out, please help.
    >
    > e-mail me @ keebajones@yahoo.com

Microsoft Error Message Windows