*please help me* error message every time i try to open a ..

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
August 19, 2005 4:35:03 PM

this is what i get when i try to open winamp or AIM, as well as windows
components such as "add/remove programs" oir even when i try to run a disc

PROGRAM ERROR!
(fill in the blank).exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows.
You will need to restart the program.

An error log is being created

what am i to do? if someone out there can help me out, please help.

e-mail me @ keebajones@yahoo.com
Anonymous
August 20, 2005 3:10:12 PM

keeba shares the same problem we're having. We're at the point where we'll
just haul the thing into the shop unless we get an answer this weekend. Our
antivirus updates package expires tomorrow, but, I can't download the new and
improved version we bought on-line almost 2 weeks ago because it requires me
to open an icon it created on my desktop...which, like everything else on my
desktop, just gives me error reports. So far, Symantec isn't that helpful
and the computer repair shop is too busy to call back. 'Appreciate any help!
Marci

!