Windows Update

Hi
I have windows 2000 server,
When i click on windows update it just freezes and does nothing.
few days ago, when i tried to get updates i got this error:
[Error number: 0x800705B4]
The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you
are trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the
problem.

since then i tried to reinstall IE6 but now just freezes.
thankd for ur help.
Hanu.
4 answers Last reply
More about windows update

    Try checking to make sure that you have enough room on your server to
    download. If yes try downloading the updates to your server then applying
    the patch.

    "hanu" wrote:

    > Hi
    > I have windows 2000 server,
    > When i click on windows update it just freezes and does nothing.
    > few days ago, when i tried to get updates i got this error:
    > [Error number: 0x800705B4]
    > The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you
    > are trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the
    > problem.
    >
    > since then i tried to reinstall IE6 but now just freezes.
    > thankd for ur help.
    > Hanu.

    I have a lot of space on the server almost 1.2 GB.
    Any other suggestions, please?

    Mike Chung wrote:
    > Try checking to make sure that you have enough room on your server to
    > download. If yes try downloading the updates to your server then applying
    > the patch.
    >
    > "hanu" wrote:
    >
    > > Hi
    > > I have windows 2000 server,
    > > When i click on windows update it just freezes and does nothing.
    > > few days ago, when i tried to get updates i got this error:
    > > [Error number: 0x800705B4]
    > > The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you
    > > are trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the
    > > problem.
    > >
    > > since then i tried to reinstall IE6 but now just freezes.
    > > thankd for ur help.
    > > Hanu.

    Do you have Powerchute 6.x installed on this machine? If so, remove it or
    upgrade to 7.x, reboot, then try again.

    "hanu" wrote:

    > I have a lot of space on the server almost 1.2 GB.
    > Any other suggestions, please?
    >

    > Mike Chung wrote:
    > > Try checking to make sure that you have enough room on your server to
    > > download. If yes try downloading the updates to your server then applying
    > > the patch.
    > >
    > > "hanu" wrote:
    > >
    > > > Hi
    > > > I have windows 2000 server,
    > > > When i click on windows update it just freezes and does nothing.
    > > > few days ago, when i tried to get updates i got this error:
    > > > [Error number: 0x800705B4]
    > > > The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you
    > > > are trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the
    > > > problem.
    > > >
    > > > since then i tried to reinstall IE6 but now just freezes.
    > > > thankd for ur help.
    > > > Hanu.

    How about adding windows.update to the trusted sites in IE. You may have
    security set very high.

    "hanu" wrote:

    > I have a lot of space on the server almost 1.2 GB.
    > Any other suggestions, please?
    >

    > Mike Chung wrote:
    > > Try checking to make sure that you have enough room on your server to
    > > download. If yes try downloading the updates to your server then applying
    > > the patch.
    > >
    > > "hanu" wrote:
    > >
    > > > Hi
    > > > I have windows 2000 server,
    > > > When i click on windows update it just freezes and does nothing.
    > > > few days ago, when i tried to get updates i got this error:
    > > > [Error number: 0x800705B4]
    > > > The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you
    > > > are trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the
    > > > problem.
    > > >
    > > > since then i tried to reinstall IE6 but now just freezes.
    > > > thankd for ur help.
    > > > Hanu.

Windows 2000 Windows Update Microsoft Windows