Windows Update

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
August 19, 2005 5:57:13 PM

Hi
I have windows 2000 server,
When i click on windows update it just freezes and does nothing.
few days ago, when i tried to get updates i got this error:
[Error number: 0x800705B4]
The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you
are trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the
problem.

since then i tried to reinstall IE6 but now just freezes.
thankd for ur help.
Hanu.

More about : windows update

Anonymous
August 19, 2005 10:23:02 PM

Try checking to make sure that you have enough room on your server to
download. If yes try downloading the updates to your server then applying
the patch.

"hanu" wrote:

> Hi
> I have windows 2000 server,
> When i click on windows update it just freezes and does nothing.
> few days ago, when i tried to get updates i got this error:
> [Error number: 0x800705B4]
> The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you
> are trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the
> problem.
>
> since then i tried to reinstall IE6 but now just freezes.
> thankd for ur help.
> Hanu.

Anonymous
August 22, 2005 11:26:09 AM

I have a lot of space on the server almost 1.2 GB.
Any other suggestions, please?

Mike Chung wrote:
> Try checking to make sure that you have enough room on your server to
> download. If yes try downloading the updates to your server then applying
> the patch.
>
> "hanu" wrote:
>
> > Hi
> > I have windows 2000 server,
> > When i click on windows update it just freezes and does nothing.
> > few days ago, when i tried to get updates i got this error:
> > [Error number: 0x800705B4]
> > The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you
> > are trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the
> > problem.
> >
> > since then i tried to reinstall IE6 but now just freezes.
> > thankd for ur help.
> > Hanu.

August 23, 2005 6:47:34 PM

Do you have Powerchute 6.x installed on this machine? If so, remove it or
upgrade to 7.x, reboot, then try again.

"hanu" wrote:

> I have a lot of space on the server almost 1.2 GB.
> Any other suggestions, please?
>

> Mike Chung wrote:
> > Try checking to make sure that you have enough room on your server to
> > download. If yes try downloading the updates to your server then applying
> > the patch.
> >
> > "hanu" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi
> > > I have windows 2000 server,
> > > When i click on windows update it just freezes and does nothing.
> > > few days ago, when i tried to get updates i got this error:
> > > [Error number: 0x800705B4]
> > > The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you
> > > are trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the
> > > problem.
> > >
> > > since then i tried to reinstall IE6 but now just freezes.
> > > thankd for ur help.
> > > Hanu.

Anonymous
August 24, 2005 11:35:01 AM

How about adding windows.update to the trusted sites in IE. You may have
security set very high.

!