Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

pentium D 930

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Pentium
Last response: in CPUs
Share
Anonymous
January 8, 2007 11:11:36 PM

i just got pentium d 930. under full load it run at 61 degrees. and idle is 45 to 49 degree. Is this temp too high. cause i lot of other people have the 930 running idle in 30's. what can i do to fix it if it's running hot.
thanks in advance.

More about : pentium 930

January 8, 2007 11:32:29 PM

Since you already figured out that it´s running too hot, i´d try the "standard" procedures, i.e. reseating the cooler or reapplying thermal paste.

Now if you could describe exactly what kind of hardware you have, how you mounted your cooler and what grease/paste hsf you use, someone probably could tell you exactly what´s wrong. :wink:
Anonymous
January 9, 2007 12:07:59 AM

i have intel 946gzis motherboard with 1 gb kingston ddr2 667 memory stick. I used the heatsink with fan that came in retail pack
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
January 9, 2007 12:35:47 AM

ive had my pentium d 930 for almost half a year now and its been running at the exact same temperature u have, it hasnt been a problem for me. mine is oc'ed to 3.3 ghz too so urs is running alittle hot but its no problem.
January 9, 2007 12:39:11 AM

Quote:
i have intel 946gzis motherboard with 1 gb kingston ddr2 667 memory stick. I used the heatsink with fan that came in retail pack
Do you have a case with decent airflow? If not, the HS/F is trying to cool the CPU with (already warm) air.
January 9, 2007 1:03:16 AM

Man, what an easy target, I should do like all the clowns in here do when someone says they upgraded to a new AMD cpu for the system the already own. Wow, you really should have gone Core 2 Duo..... I just find it weird, they only say it when someone is talking about upgrading AMD cpu's, oh well.

Now that it's out of my system..... I would reseat the HSF. Is the one you have stock or aftermarket? Does it have the stock thermal pad, or did you clean it off and apply thermal paste? Maybe a few more specifics about what you are using to cool it, etc.

Wes
Anonymous
January 9, 2007 1:22:00 AM

i have just one 80 mm fan which has 2000 rpm. at the back of the case. i have a space to add 90 mm fan on the side of the case which will come over the cpu. should i add that fan. and should i add one fan in the front.
Anonymous
January 9, 2007 1:27:41 AM

my idle temp for system zone 1 is 40 degree and system zone 2 is 44 degree. i think it's problem of the airflow. i should try to take the side of and then check temp
January 9, 2007 1:51:54 AM

Quote:
i have just one 80 mm fan which has 2000 rpm. at the back of the case. i have a space to add 90 mm fan on the side of the case which will come over the cpu. should i add that fan. and should i add one fan in the front.
Definetely! Both side, and front. :wink:
January 9, 2007 2:06:05 AM

Quote:
Man, what an easy target, I should do like all the clowns in here do when someone says they upgraded to a new AMD cpu for the system the already own. Wow, you really should have gone Core 2 Duo..... I just find it weird, they only say it when someone is talking about upgrading AMD cpu's, oh well.
Wes


I just upgraded from Northwood 2.4c to Northwood 3.4c. Damn I should have gotten a core 2 Duo. What was I thinking?

Hangman2004, Don't panic and start tearing your heatsink of and re-seating it 5 times. I have seen too many posts of people doing that for no reason. You have a stock HS and a chip that does still generate a fair amount of heat. Also if you are using the MB BIOS to get readings then they may even be off. My MSI Neo2 was off by 10C until a BIOS update. Try to get the inside of the case cooler. Search to see if these low Temps were with after market Heatsinks etc. If I was going to be ripping my HS off, in the absence of seriously out of whack temps, I would probably get an aftermarket HS and install it at the same time. They are not that expensive.
!