mark

Any ideas why I might be getting an echo when playing audio CDs in WMP 9?
Using CD Player and other programs I don't. In the background the music is
playing about 5 seconds behind and much quieter but audible.
System is Win2K SP4 up-to-date using Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe Realtek on-board
sound. However this also used to happen on older system with SB Live!
PCI card so it's not the drivers.

Where does WMP get it's audio CD sound - via what route? Through DirectSound?

Mark

Can't answer your WMP9 questions, but I can tell you the CD player that
comes with W2K looks slick and plays great. Where possible, I avoid all WMP
versions greater than 2.0.

--
Walterius

"Mark" <no.mail@reply.here> wrote in message
> Any ideas why I might be getting an echo when playing audio CDs in WMP 9?
> Using CD Player and other programs I don't. In the background the music is
> playing about 5 seconds behind and much quieter but audible.
> System is Win2K SP4 up-to-date using Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe Realtek on-board
> sound. However this also used to happen on older system with SB Live!
> PCI card so it's not the drivers.
>
> Where does WMP get it's audio CD sound - via what route? Through
DirectSound?

> Mark

mark

Walterius (nohow@noway.not) wrote:

> Can't answer your WMP9 questions, but I can tell you the CD player that
> comes with W2K looks slick and plays great. Where possible, I avoid all WMP
> versions greater than 2.0.

I use the CD Player on my main Win2K box and enjoy it for its simple and
small footprint/memory use.
but I was investigating the use of WMP to use the equaliser as my hearing
needs a top end boost. However, I've since discovered the equaliser doesn't
work on CDs. Nor does it on the Realtek software. Looks like that's for WAVs
only.

Mark