microsoft still at it

G

In reading your review of XP it seems to me microsoft is doing the same thing they did to netscape by including a bunch of application software in the operating system. Again trying to use their monopoly in the operating system market by squeezing small companies like.. ACDsee, and others (too small to sue even) out of business. All these bells and whistles are NOT the function of an operating system. I hope the court recognizes this and pulls the plug on XP.

dhlucke

Polypheme
Ok, not to follow you into your own thread, but I think you're negative about MS for all the wrong reasons. An OS can be as all encompassing as it wants, but it also has to be stable and it can't be monopolistic. The problem with MS is that they do sleezy things like threaten or cutoff OEM's that don't ship their PC's with Windows setup just how MS wants it. They also ship products as beta and have the consumer pay to betatest it. Let's face it. Netscape screwed themselves by letting AOL take over. Netscape used to rock, but it's been years. They still haven't even gotten past version 4. Version 6 might be out, but it's a complete joke and waste of space and bandwidth to download. MS didn't have anything to do with their downfall. Blame that on them and AOL.

ACDsee? They bloated their damn software to shitt. I still use it, but I stuck to version 2.3. What did MS do to them though?

With that said I would like to add that I'd love it if Windows didn't have all of those extra "features" as part of the default setup. Let them be extra options for those that want them. You and me could care less...

<font color=red>Change the sig of the week!</font color=red>

FatBurger

Illustrious
For what it's worth, I completely agree with dhlucke.

<font color=blue>Quarter pounder inside</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Change the Sig of the Week!!!</font color=red>