Sign in with
Your question
Solved

3G mobile broadband to Windows 8- 64 bit

Last response: in Windows 8
December 12, 2012 10:50:11 AM

Hello,
After my Vista op. system on my laptop suffered a screen failure I decided that it was time to upgrade to Win. 8. Unfortunately my lack of knowledge did not prepare me for the fact that even with upgraded drivers, and the conflicting comments from Orange, my broadband supplier, that Windows 8 will/will not connect to 3G. Does any one out there know different ? Please advise Ray.

Best solution

December 12, 2012 10:54:55 AM

So long as you have drivers for the 3G dongle, it should work just fine.
December 21, 2012 12:59:26 PM

Thank's for your comment "addict" I will consult further with Orange, regards Ray
Related resources
December 28, 2012 3:23:14 PM

Best answer selected by raybre.
December 28, 2012 3:28:19 PM

Thank's for your assistance Tom's H. It appears that when talking from a position of strength or in this case Knowledge, I once again consulted with Orange and discovered a new and wiser tech. assistant who facilitated my Windows 8 connection to the web. Thank's too for your prompting Addict.
June 16, 2013 5:30:05 AM

raybre said:
Hello,
After my Vista op. system on my laptop suffered a screen failure I decided that it was time to upgrade to Win. 8. Unfortunately my lack of knowledge did not prepare me for the fact that even with upgraded drivers, and the conflicting comments from Orange, my broadband supplier, that Windows 8 will/will not connect to 3G. Does any one out there know different ? Please advise Ray.

September 3, 2013 7:23:22 PM

raybre said:
Thank's for your assistance Tom's H. It appears that when talking from a position of strength or in this case Knowledge, I once again consulted with Orange and discovered a new and wiser tech. assistant who facilitated my Windows 8 connection to the web. Thank's too for your prompting Addict.

Hi raybre,
Could you tell me what the solution was, as I got a new laptop (ultrabook) with win 8 and I also cannot connect and could not find the drivers or someone who could help me.
Thanks!

!