2 different types of m2n32 sli deluxe?

tehrobzorz

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2006
okay what you have there looks like an m2n-e and the proper board.

[edit] the first picture is the m2n-e, just to let you know, the m2n-32sli will always have the three part heatpipe system and have the ram slots at the top. easy to notice things :wink:

but really there are two versions. one with wifi and one without. i dont know where you can get the normal one since the ones ive seen are all wifi.

anyways that 'shopbot' may be misleading you so i wouldnt trust that site/source.

if you need anythin else post in this thread again so ill be notified.

tehrobzorz

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2006
yeah the board without the pcie is the non wifi one. otherwise i cant think of another explanation unless it was a preproduction model picture but it has the bundle and such.

are you going to be using the 3rd slot? if not dont be troubled. there are only wifi and non wifi types and nothing else.

Jason65

Distinguished
May 14, 2006
>are you going to be using the 3rd slot? if not dont be troubled. there are only wifi and non wifi types and nothing else.

I'm not really sure yet, I'm just researching boards, narrowed it down to this and/or the Crosshair, as nice boards, as to what I want to do with them, I am still exploring the possibilities. The board was just going to be for a high spec. silent multi-monitor financial trading system, but I now got WoW, and am looking at another game, Infinity...plus setting up a home network with Voip...

Don't know where to stop actually...

cheers,
Jason

tehrobzorz

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2006
well just so you know, that the commando is comming out soon with the 965 chipset. its got really good oc results [ suposedly] but dont even bother considering it if your not going to oc.

believe me the m2n32 is really a good and sturdy board. the striker to let you know is that it has some stability problems with oc, and that the sound wont work properly if you use sli. thats all i can think of on the top of my head right now..

ill be back later with more help or somthin wen you need it =]

later

Jason65

Distinguished
May 14, 2006
Thanks for the offer...may take you up on that one day.

Commando eh? Sounds interesting. I was a bit miffed when I found out about the Striker with the 680i chipset for the Intel but there was no equivalent for the AMD...now there is. I'll check it out. I like the *idea* of OC'ing, but whether I got the nouse to actually do it is another matter...:)

cheers,
Jason

<edit> Damn, Commando is not for AMD...oh well</edit>