Accidentally deleted user profile!!!

Is there a way to get it back? I know, laugh, go ahead. I think it's pretty
funny too. But, the user is gonna freak! Is there anything I can do?

Facts:
W2K Pro workstation.
On a W2K domain. Profiles are not stored on the server. Stored locally, and
I deleted it! Argh!

XP has "System Restore", Can I "roll back" in 2K to get the profile back?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
--
paul_211205
5 answers Last reply

    System restore would not fix this. There are third party tools available
    that handle this, such as Emergency Undelete from
    http://www.undelete.com/coverpage.asp and others. Deleting the files only
    marks the space as available to use so the sooner you stop using the drive
    the better chance you'll have of recovery.

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "paul_211205" wrote:
    | Is there a way to get it back? I know, laugh, go ahead. I think it's
    pretty
    | funny too. But, the user is gonna freak! Is there anything I can do?
    |
    | Facts:
    | W2K Pro workstation.
    | On a W2K domain. Profiles are not stored on the server. Stored locally,
    and
    | I deleted it! Argh!
    |
    | XP has "System Restore", Can I "roll back" in 2K to get the profile back?
    |
    | Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    |
    | Thanks!
    | --
    | paul_211205

    Thank you very much! I'll try it and give details later.
    --
    paul_211205

    "Dave Patrick" wrote:

    > System restore would not fix this. There are third party tools available
    > that handle this, such as Emergency Undelete from
    > http://www.undelete.com/coverpage.asp and others. Deleting the files only
    > marks the space as available to use so the sooner you stop using the drive
    > the better chance you'll have of recovery.
    >

    > --
    > Regards,

    > Microsoft Certified Professional
    > Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    > http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >
    > "paul_211205" wrote:
    > | Is there a way to get it back? I know, laugh, go ahead. I think it's
    > pretty
    > | funny too. But, the user is gonna freak! Is there anything I can do?
    > |
    > | Facts:
    > | W2K Pro workstation.
    > | On a W2K domain. Profiles are not stored on the server. Stored locally,
    > and
    > | I deleted it! Argh!
    > |
    > | XP has "System Restore", Can I "roll back" in 2K to get the profile back?
    > |
    > | Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    > |
    > | Thanks!
    > | --
    > | paul_211205

    You're welcome.

    --

    "paul_211205" wrote:
    | Thank you very much! I'll try it and give details later.
    | --
    | paul_211205

    Unfortunately, I do not have power to purchase a third party tool like
    Emergency Undelete. So, I tried the eval version that SAYS it's fully
    functional, but it wouldn't let me undelete! Probably a great product once
    you pay for it.

    Thanks!
    --
    paul_211205

    "Dave Patrick" wrote:

    > You're welcome.
    >
    > --
    > Regards,

    > Microsoft Certified Professional
    > Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    > http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >
    > "paul_211205" wrote:
    > | Thank you very much! I'll try it and give details later.
    > | --
    > | paul_211205

    May have been unrecoverable but hard for me to say. There might be something
    here though.

    http://support.undelete.com/support/Support.aspx?Page=5&Subpage=1&cust=0&RId=1&CId=13&SId=2

    --

    "paul_211205" wrote:
    | Unfortunately, I do not have power to purchase a third party tool like
    | Emergency Undelete. So, I tried the eval version that SAYS it's fully
    | functional, but it wouldn't let me undelete! Probably a great product once
    | you pay for it.
    |
    | Thanks!
    | --
    | paul_211205