Accidentally deleted user profile!!!

Is there a way to get it back? I know, laugh, go ahead. I think it's pretty
funny too. But, the user is gonna freak! Is there anything I can do?

Facts:
W2K Pro workstation.
On a W2K domain. Profiles are not stored on the server. Stored locally, and
I deleted it! Argh!

XP has "System Restore", Can I "roll back" in 2K to get the profile back?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
--
paul_211205

System restore would not fix this. There are third party tools available
that handle this, such as Emergency Undelete from
http://www.undelete.com/coverpage.asp and others. Deleting the files only
marks the space as available to use so the sooner you stop using the drive
the better chance you'll have of recovery.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"paul_211205" wrote:
| Is there a way to get it back? I know, laugh, go ahead. I think it's
pretty
| funny too. But, the user is gonna freak! Is there anything I can do?
|
| Facts:
| W2K Pro workstation.
| On a W2K domain. Profiles are not stored on the server. Stored locally,
and
| I deleted it! Argh!
|
| XP has "System Restore", Can I "roll back" in 2K to get the profile back?
|
| Any help would be greatly appreciated.
|
| Thanks!
| --
| paul_211205

Thank you very much! I'll try it and give details later.
--
paul_211205

"Dave Patrick" wrote:

> System restore would not fix this. There are third party tools available
> that handle this, such as Emergency Undelete from
> http://www.undelete.com/coverpage.asp and others. Deleting the files only
> marks the space as available to use so the sooner you stop using the drive
> the better chance you'll have of recovery.
>

> --
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "paul_211205" wrote:
> | Is there a way to get it back? I know, laugh, go ahead. I think it's
> pretty
> | funny too. But, the user is gonna freak! Is there anything I can do?
> |
> | Facts:
> | W2K Pro workstation.
> | On a W2K domain. Profiles are not stored on the server. Stored locally,
> and
> | I deleted it! Argh!
> |
> | XP has "System Restore", Can I "roll back" in 2K to get the profile back?
> |
> | Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> |
> | Thanks!
> | --
> | paul_211205

You're welcome.

--

"paul_211205" wrote:
| Thank you very much! I'll try it and give details later.
| --
| paul_211205

Unfortunately, I do not have power to purchase a third party tool like
Emergency Undelete. So, I tried the eval version that SAYS it's fully
functional, but it wouldn't let me undelete! Probably a great product once
you pay for it.

Thanks!
--
paul_211205

"Dave Patrick" wrote:

> You're welcome.
>
> --
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "paul_211205" wrote:
> | Thank you very much! I'll try it and give details later.
> | --
> | paul_211205

May have been unrecoverable but hard for me to say. There might be something
here though.

http://support.undelete.com/support/Support.aspx?Page=5&Subpage=1&cust=0&RId=1&CId=13&SId=2