Shrink Boot Partition in W2K Pro?

Is there a tool to shrink the NTFS boot partition in W2K Pro (down to
more than actual data, of course), preferably from within windows?
Simple and cheap is preferred but simplicity is of higher concern for
I need to do it on a bunch of computers at work. TIA.
3 answers Last reply
More about shrink boot partition

    Partition Magic

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "nobody" wrote:
    | Is there a tool to shrink the NTFS boot partition in W2K Pro (down to
    | more than actual data, of course), preferably from within windows?
    | Simple and cheap is preferred but simplicity is of higher concern for
    | I need to do it on a bunch of computers at work. TIA.

    I have used 7Tools (Paragon Software) which can be downloaded free for
    trial. It comprises Windows and DOS partition managers. With the former,
    you can resize (reduce or increase) or move any partition within
    Windows. I also heard of BootItNG, free download, but have not used it
    personally.

    Chiropter <chiropter@cox.net> wrote:

    >I have used 7Tools (Paragon Software) which can be downloaded free for
    >trial. It comprises Windows and DOS partition managers. With the former,
    >you can resize (reduce or increase) or move any partition within
    >Windows. I also heard of BootItNG, free download, but have not used it
    >personally.

    Thanks, BootItNG looks interesting. I also found

    http://www.sysresccd.org/

    (including http://mlf.linux.rulez.org/mlf/ezaz/ntfsresize.html
    which claims to resize NTFS partitions)

    Can anybody who has used these tools comment? In particular, any
    problems with larger (137G+) partitions?

Partition Boot Microsoft Windows