Event ID 10005 ? Source DCOM ?

Every 5 minute our window 2000 server generate this error messages,

DCOM got error "The service cannot be started,either because it is disabled
or because it has no enabled devices associated with it ." attempting to
start the service IISADMIN with arguments""in order to run the server: long
string numbers.

Please help.

Is this a new install?

Control|Administrative Tools|Services then

Is Remote Procedure Call (RPC) started?
If not from a command prompt;
sc query "RpcSs"

If so is Security Accounts Manager started?
If not from a command prompt;
sc query "SamSs"

If so from a command prompt;
sc query "IISADMIN"

to see what win32 exit code is generated. You can get sc.exe
(service controller tool) here.
ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/reskit/win2000/

You might also ask them in inetserver.iis

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]