Force win2k adv. server to blue screen

nick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I need a utility that will force a blue screen so I can test failover on my
Hardware cluster. Currently I use crashnt.exe a Microsoft® Kernel Crasher
that dumps a crashdrv.sys file into the \system32 directory. However my
norton is now detecting it as a virus and quarentining the crashdrv.sys file.

This article may help you.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=244139

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

Nick <Nick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I need a utility that will force a blue screen so I can test failover on my
> Hardware cluster. Currently I use crashnt.exe a Microsoft? Kernel Crasher
> that dumps a crashdrv.sys file into the \system32 directory. However my
> norton is now detecting it as a virus and quarentining the crashdrv.sys file.

Can't you instruct Norton that it's NOT a virus, or is it not competent
enough to have that capability?

--
Gary L. Smith gls432@yahoo.com
Columbus, Ohio

nick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Dave,

unfortunately that is just a screensaver but it is now my new screensaver :)

Gary,

I can add the crashdrv.sys file to the exclusion list but management would
like me to find a different utility.

"Dave Patrick" wrote:

> It doesn't get much easier than that but this may help.
>
> http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/BlueScreen.html
>
> --
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "Nick" wrote:
> | Thanks I need some sort of easy to use tool like an executable though.

TRENDING THREADS