Sign in with
Your question

So many problems, so much time

Last response: in Systems
January 9, 2007 2:55:59 AM

Hi, i have had many many problems which, most have been fixed :D  , but there are some newer interesting ones that have me stumped.

System:
(OC) Athlon 64 3000+ @ 2022
2 GB Corsair XMS DDR400 @ 378 mhz
(ABIT) ATI X800XT (not OC) @500, 999
Gigabyte GAK8-NS PRO rev 2.X
430watt average PSU (max 550 wat)

On:
XP SP2

The Problems are:
1. Freezing and replaying a short clip of sound OVER AND OVER!!!! then comming good again, worst thing possible at a lan party.

(NEW!!!) 2. Freezing, playing a short peice of audio then rebooting, after restart Windows error reporting sends, and gives reply of driver problems with the graphics card.

ANY IDEAS?, ive combed all forums, but no help there. ANY help is incredibly appreciated, if you want dxdiag, just ask.

More about : problems time

January 9, 2007 4:06:11 AM

I reinstalled windows with latest drivers, about a week ago.
Any other ideas?
January 10, 2007 3:43:27 AM

Yep got same problems without OC. Id think the PSu is alright though since i already killed one so this is the second. I think (hopefully) the problem of completly restarting is gone, i had to mannually install the video drivers in VGA safe mode.
Related resources
January 10, 2007 9:43:30 AM

Make sure you turn off your anti-virus! Make sure you disable any Zone Alarm programs you might have running. If try to install graphics drivers with anti-virus running (not scanning, just in the system tray) it will not let it install correctly.
January 10, 2007 10:20:10 PM

ok thanx that makes sense, but it still leaves me with problem NO 1, any ideas anyone?
!