W2K lose all printer driver

Man

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2004

Hi all

I have this situation, 1 of our user always print lot of email to her local
printer in the morning, most time when she print email (maybe 30-50 emails,
some with pic), when printing, windows will prompt printer driver lose
something like that, then i check her printer driver, all driver disappear
(even network printer and local printer), have to reboot to solve this
problem, after reboot, the email will continue to print out

user using epson photo style 750 printer
pc is p4 2.8 w/ 512M

Is it related to w2k or printer problem ?
I already increase the virtual memory from 7xxM to 2G and printer use
spooling, does it help?

thanks for any comment

"man" <man@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all
>
> I have this situation, 1 of our user always print lot of email to her
> local
> printer in the morning, most time when she print email (maybe 30-50
> emails,
> some with pic), when printing, windows will prompt printer driver lose
> something like that, then i check her printer driver, all driver
> disappear
> (even network printer and local printer), have to reboot to solve this
> problem, after reboot, the email will continue to print out
>
> user using epson photo style 750 printer
> pc is p4 2.8 w/ 512M
>
> Is it related to w2k or printer problem ?
> I already increase the virtual memory from 7xxM to 2G and printer use
> spooling, does it help?
>

> thanks for any comment

Sounds like the print spooler service is crashing.

when it happens again try

Start
Run
type
CMD
click OK
<cmd window opens>
type
net start spooler
press enter/return key

could be a bad print driver that's causing the problem

--
Steve Parry BA (Hons) MCP MVP

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk