desperate for help...add/remove program error

since downloading svc pack 4 - we are getting the following error msg when
trying to open add/remove program file:

An unexpected error has occurred.

Object doesn't support this property or method
res://sp3res.dll/default hta
Line:82

Anyone have a clue how to fix this?

Thanks in advance...........
2 answers Last reply
More about desperate help remove program error

    JuJuBe wrote:

    > since downloading svc pack 4 - we are getting the following error msg when
    > trying to open add/remove program file:
    >
    > An unexpected error has occurred.
    >
    > Object doesn't support this property or method
    > res://sp3res.dll/default hta
    > Line:82
    >
    > Anyone have a clue how to fix this?
    >
    > Thanks in advance...........
    Hi,

    From the "Run" box try

    regsvr32 %windir%\system32\appwiz.cpl

    and
    regsvr32 %windir%\system32\webvw.dll

    and
    regsvr32 %windir%\system32\mshtml.dll

    If that doesn't work:

    Add/Remove Programs Tool Displays Installed Programs Incorrectly
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;266668

    You might try to reinstall IE, the article above also tells you how
    to do that.

    See tip 6032 at http://www.jsiinc.com/reghack.htm as well.

    the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

    THANK YOU!
    I was unable to locate any articles on my own - I appreciate your time and
    effot in helping me ~

    JuJuBe

Microsoft Windows