desperate for help...add/remove program error

Tags:
  • Microsoft
  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
August 23, 2005 1:59:02 AM

since downloading svc pack 4 - we are getting the following error msg when
trying to open add/remove program file:

An unexpected error has occurred.

Object doesn't support this property or method
res://sp3res.dll/default hta
Line:82

Anyone have a clue how to fix this?

Thanks in advance...........

More about : desperate add remove program error

Anonymous
August 23, 2005 6:37:36 PM

JuJuBe wrote:

> since downloading svc pack 4 - we are getting the following error msg when
> trying to open add/remove program file:
>
> An unexpected error has occurred.
>
> Object doesn't support this property or method
> res://sp3res.dll/default hta
> Line:82
>
> Anyone have a clue how to fix this?
>
> Thanks in advance...........
Hi,

From the "Run" box try

regsvr32 %windir%\system32\appwiz.cpl

and
regsvr32 %windir%\system32\webvw.dll

and
regsvr32 %windir%\system32\mshtml.dll

If that doesn't work:

Add/Remove Programs Tool Displays Installed Programs Incorrectly
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;266668

You might try to reinstall IE, the article above also tells you how
to do that.

See tip 6032 at http://www.jsiinc.com/reghack.htm as well.

the 1328 page Scripting Guide:
August 24, 2005 1:45:03 AM

THANK YOU!
I was unable to locate any articles on my own - I appreciate your time and
effot in helping me ~

JuJuBe