How Much Is My Computer Worth?

yp49

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
Hi guys, I recently upgraded my old computer and now I am looking to sell it. I am not nessasarily sure how much it is worth, can you guys give me your opinions?
Here are the specs:

ANTEC MINI P180 CASE

XFX HD-477A-YDFC Radeon HD 4770 512MB 128-bit GDDR5

AMD Athlon II X2 240 Regor 2.8GHz

GIGABYTE GA-M68M-S2P AM3/AM2+/AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 7025/nForce 630a chipset Micro ATX

SAMSUNG CD DVD RW WRITER READER PLAYER

APEX AL-D500EXP 500W ATX12V Power Supply

G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)

Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST3250318AS 250GB 7200 RPM

Hi. You can get opinions as to how much someone may think the rig is worth, but that would be it, personal opinions. The ultimate end, is how much the buyer would willing to pay for a rig with those specs. The mini tower could be a downside and maybe not. I have an eMachines Mini Tower and fortunately it is well vented with good fans. Otherwise, there could be some major heat issues. I am not real familiar with an APEX PSU. The G.Skill Ram can go both ways. They do put out a good line of memory, but have a budget line that isn't so hot. On the plus side, there seems to be room for further upgrades, including processor. Again, the ultimate determining factor, would be how much the buyer is willing to pay. Best I can offer is to think it through and set a price and be prepared to take less.

The thumb rule is: Used computers do not fetch much.

Set a fair price based on new computers with similar specs. If you do not get an offer that you feel is fair, just keep the computer as a second computer. This can come in handy during emergencies.