How do you change your character in a saved game?

I have NWN and HoU installed and, of course, many saved games. I'd
like to replay some of my saved games but with a different character
for me. Is there a way to edit (using Leto or something else) the save
file to replace me with a different saved character? Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about change character saved game

    On 25-Apr-2004, BTF <btfnohamproducts@austin.rr.com> wrote:

    > I have NWN and HoU installed and, of course, many saved games. I'd
    > like to replay some of my saved games but with a different character
    > for me. Is there a way to edit (using Leto or something else) the save
    > file to replace me with a different saved character? Thanks

    For small edits(stats) and inventory, the Debug Mode is best. For large
    edits(everything but inventory) to the character, LETO is best.

    BTF <btfnohamproducts@austin.rr.com> wrote in

    > I have NWN and HoU installed and, of course, many saved games. I'd
    > like to replay some of my saved games but with a different character
    > for me. Is there a way to edit (using Leto or something else) the save
    > file to replace me with a different saved character? Thanks

    You can use Leto to edit any aspect of the SAV, but the steps involved
    are different between GE and AE, and it's unfortunately rather easy to
    make mistakes. :D

    I can give you a step-by-step if you describe what you want to do.

    For swapping characters:

    1. Use the AE. After starting Leto, open the AE first thing. Don't open
    anything in the GE.

    2. Open the character you are going to swap *in*. This character could be
    a BIC in your localvault, or even a character in a different savegame.
    I'll assume you're using a BIC - you need a few extra steps if you use a
    character in another SAV. (Let me know if that's the case.)

    3. You can make changes to the character while in the AE if you want, but
    for just swapping the character in as-is, you don't need to change
    anything at all.

    4. Save the character. In the Save As Type drop-down, choose "Into List
    From File".

    5. Browse to the SAV. Select it. You'll be prompted to overwrite, and
    next prompted for a resource. Select Module.ifo.

    6. Finally you're given a list of characters currently in the savegame.
    (If you aren't, then cancel now and examine the savegame, it may have
    problems.) Usually this is a list of one Entry (character) under the
    PlayerList.

    7. Select the Entry / character you want to replace. Click OK. The
    characters are now swapped.

    That's it. By the way, if you're feeling intrepid, this procedure is
    somewhat simpler with the v4 beta of Leto. The v4 beta doesn't have many
    features yet, but this is one of the features that is operational. If
    you'd like to give v4 a shot, I can give you instructions for that, too.
    :}

    Thanks for the help; I'll give it a try.

Games Video Games