  • Browsers
  • Email
  • Windows XP
January 30, 2005 1:01:03 PM

Hi guys hopefully someone may be able to advise on this one
we have a computer that we removed aol from running xp home
sending and reciving email all ok, web brousing all ok but when you try to
access help or any other button in incredimail nothing happens any ideas

More about : email browser problem

Anonymous
January 30, 2005 3:04:40 PM

morphukman wrote:
> Hi guys hopefully someone may be able to advise on this one
> we have a computer that we removed aol from running xp home
> sending and reciving email all ok, web brousing all ok but when you try to
> access help or any other button in incredimail nothing happens any ideas

Ask Incredimail.
Anonymous
January 30, 2005 3:04:41 PM

Hi thnaks for fast reply i should have said the same happens within o/express
as well

"Raymond J. Johnson Jr." wrote:

> morphukman wrote:
> > Hi guys hopefully someone may be able to advise on this one
> > we have a computer that we removed aol from running xp home
> > sending and reciving email all ok, web brousing all ok but when you try to
> > access help or any other button in incredimail nothing happens any ideas
>
> Ask Incredimail.

January 30, 2005 10:33:52 PM

Hi,guys,i'm also hoping someone can help me.
I'm unable to open my browser and view websites.I'm afraid i might have pick
up some spy and adware.Need help to retrieve my browser and remove all those
wares.
frank wrote

"morphukman" wrote:

> Hi guys hopefully someone may be able to advise on this one
> we have a computer that we removed aol from running xp home
> sending and reciving email all ok, web brousing all ok but when you try to
> access help or any other button in incredimail nothing happens any ideas
Anonymous
January 31, 2005 6:09:03 AM

Hi i dont know if this will help you but i eventualy resolved the problem it
was the security settings had changed after a download that came in at the
same time as removing other software so look there as well
i also find ad-aware se and cw shredder both fairly good they are both avail
via download.com hope it helps
dave

"jonfran" wrote:

> Hi,guys,i'm also hoping someone can help me.
> I'm unable to open my browser and view websites.I'm afraid i might have pick
> up some spy and adware.Need help to retrieve my browser and remove all those
> wares.
> frank wrote
>
> "morphukman" wrote:
>
> > Hi guys hopefully someone may be able to advise on this one
> > we have a computer that we removed aol from running xp home
> > sending and reciving email all ok, web brousing all ok but when you try to
> > access help or any other button in incredimail nothing happens any ideas
Anonymous
February 2, 2005 12:05:47 AM

"jonfran" <jonfran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,guys,i'm also hoping someone can help me.
> I'm unable to open my browser and view websites.I'm afraid i might
> have pick up some spy and adware.Need help to retrieve my browser and
> remove all those wares.
> frank wrote
>
> "morphukman" wrote:
>
>> Hi guys hopefully someone may be able to advise on this one
>> we have a computer that we removed aol from running xp home
>> sending and reciving email all ok, web brousing all ok but when you
>> try to access help or any other button in incredimail nothing
>> happens any ideas

First eliminate any spyware.
What You Should Know About Spyware
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/deviou...

CAUTION!!!!! Removing some spyware can damage the Winsock stact. Before
you try to remove spyware using any of these programs , download a copy of
LSP-Fix - a free program to repair damaged Winsock 2 stacks (all Windows
versions)
http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm
Winsockfix for W95, W98, ME, NT, 2000, XP
http://www.tacktech.com/pub/winsockfix/WinsockFix.zip
Directions here: http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=257
WinXP:
Get WinSockxpFix
How to Reset Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357
In WinXP SP2: You can fix Winsock by going to Start | Run and typing
CMD
In the command window type
netsh winsock reset

See
Dealing with Unwanted Malware, Parasites, Toolbars and Search Engines
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

Note that AdAware and SpyBot S & D will each catch some things the other
won't. Also, each needs to be updated with the program's update function
before every use, even when just downloaded. There's also a lot more to do
than just those two programs. CWShredder is also available here:
http://www.intermute.com/products/cwshredder
**Post your HijackThis log to
http://forums.spywareinfo.com/
http://forums.tomcoyote.org/
http://castlecops.com/forum67.html
http://www.wilderssecurity.com/ or the Spyware forum at
http://forum.aumha.org/viewforum.php?f=30 for expert analysis, not here.**
Alternative download pages for Ad-Aware, Spybot, HijackThis and CWShredder
may be found on this page:
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm.

See this link for information about malware:
http://arstechnica.com/articles/paedia/malware.ars

If nothing there helps, please post back to this thread.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com