email/browser problem

Hi guys hopefully someone may be able to advise on this one
we have a computer that we removed aol from running xp home
sending and reciving email all ok, web brousing all ok but when you try to
access help or any other button in incredimail nothing happens any ideas
5 answers Last reply
More about email browser problem

    morphukman wrote:
    > Hi guys hopefully someone may be able to advise on this one
    > we have a computer that we removed aol from running xp home
    > sending and reciving email all ok, web brousing all ok but when you try to
    > access help or any other button in incredimail nothing happens any ideas

    Ask Incredimail.

    Hi thnaks for fast reply i should have said the same happens within o/express
    as well

    "Raymond J. Johnson Jr." wrote:

    > morphukman wrote:
    > > Hi guys hopefully someone may be able to advise on this one
    > > we have a computer that we removed aol from running xp home
    > > sending and reciving email all ok, web brousing all ok but when you try to
    > > access help or any other button in incredimail nothing happens any ideas
    >
    > Ask Incredimail.

    Hi,guys,i'm also hoping someone can help me.
    I'm unable to open my browser and view websites.I'm afraid i might have pick
    up some spy and adware.Need help to retrieve my browser and remove all those
    wares.
    frank wrote

    "morphukman" wrote:

    > Hi guys hopefully someone may be able to advise on this one
    > we have a computer that we removed aol from running xp home
    > sending and reciving email all ok, web brousing all ok but when you try to
    > access help or any other button in incredimail nothing happens any ideas

    Hi i dont know if this will help you but i eventualy resolved the problem it
    was the security settings had changed after a download that came in at the
    same time as removing other software so look there as well
    i also find ad-aware se and cw shredder both fairly good they are both avail
    via download.com hope it helps
    dave

    "jonfran" <jonfran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,guys,i'm also hoping someone can help me.
    > I'm unable to open my browser and view websites.I'm afraid i might
    > have pick up some spy and adware.Need help to retrieve my browser and
    > remove all those wares.
    > frank wrote
    >
    > "morphukman" wrote:
    >
    >> Hi guys hopefully someone may be able to advise on this one
    >> we have a computer that we removed aol from running xp home
    >> sending and reciving email all ok, web brousing all ok but when you
    >> try to access help or any other button in incredimail nothing
    >> happens any ideas

    First eliminate any spyware.
    What You Should Know About Spyware
    http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/devioussoftware.mspx

    CAUTION!!!!! Removing some spyware can damage the Winsock stact. Before
    you try to remove spyware using any of these programs , download a copy of
    LSP-Fix - a free program to repair damaged Winsock 2 stacks (all Windows
    versions)
    http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm
    Winsockfix for W95, W98, ME, NT, 2000, XP
    http://www.tacktech.com/pub/winsockfix/WinsockFix.zip
    Directions here: http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=257
    WinXP:
    Get WinSockxpFix
    How to Reset Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357
    In WinXP SP2: You can fix Winsock by going to Start | Run and typing
    CMD
    In the command window type
    netsh winsock reset

    See
    Dealing with Unwanted Malware, Parasites, Toolbars and Search Engines
    http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

    Note that AdAware and SpyBot S & D will each catch some things the other
    won't. Also, each needs to be updated with the program's update function
    before every use, even when just downloaded. There's also a lot more to do
    than just those two programs. CWShredder is also available here:
    http://www.intermute.com/products/cwshredder
    **Post your HijackThis log to
    http://forums.spywareinfo.com/
    http://forums.tomcoyote.org/
    http://castlecops.com/forum67.html
    http://www.wilderssecurity.com/ or the Spyware forum at
    http://forum.aumha.org/viewforum.php?f=30 for expert analysis, not here.**
    Alternative download pages for Ad-Aware, Spybot, HijackThis and CWShredder
    may be found on this page:
    http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm.

    See this link for information about malware:
    http://arstechnica.com/articles/paedia/malware.ars

    If nothing there helps, please post back to this thread.

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    http://www.fjsmjs.com

Browsers Email Windows XP