Sign in with
Your question

Which is better ? Accelero X2 VS VF900-CU

Last response: in Overclocking
January 9, 2007 7:32:41 AM

Hi guys!
i just have a quick question. i'm buying a new cooler fo my 1950XT and i'm trying to decide between the Accelero X2 and the Zalman VF900-CU-LED. I'm not planning any serious OC, i just got tired of the loud stock cooler.
Which would you recommend.

(p.s. i'm from denmark so my selection is somewhat limited)

thanks

More about : accelero vf900

January 9, 2007 9:25:34 AM

Quote:
Hi guys!
i just have a quick question. i'm buying a new cooler fo my 1950XT and i'm trying to decide between the Accelero X2 and the Zalman VF900-CU-LED. I'm not planning any serious OC, i just got tired of the loud stock cooler.
Which would you recommend.

(p.s. i'm from denmark so my selection is somewhat limited)

thanks
The nice thing about the Accelero, is that it vents the GPU's heat to the outside, thereby less heat build-up inside your case. GPU cooling-wise, they are both similar.
January 9, 2007 10:54:10 AM

I would go for the Zalman

I had an X2 on my 1950XT and when I took it off I broke the card (mems are stuck to the HSF using VERY sticky themal pads) - performance was good but its a permanent thing.
Im now left with getting a new card as the warranty was voided.

The X2 doesnt vent outside the case as mentioned above - it vents towards the mobo.
Related resources
January 9, 2007 11:17:21 AM

Quote:
I would go for the Zalman

I had an X2 on my 1950XT and when I took it off I broke the card (mems are stuck to the HSF using VERY sticky themal pads) - performance was good but its a permanent thing.
Im now left with getting a new card as the warranty was voided.

The X2 doesnt vent outside the case as mentioned above - it vents towards the mobo.
Sorry...my mistake. :oops:  I got it mixed up with the AC Silencer series. In that case, i would also get the Zalman.
January 9, 2007 12:02:16 PM

I'm using an Accelero V2 and I like it a lot. Its quiet and does a good job of cooling.
January 9, 2007 12:49:23 PM

Meh. All I know is that the Accelero X2 will lower the GPU temps and raise the motherboard temps.

However, if you have proper cooling, than this shouldn't be a hassle :wink:

I do admit, it's MUCH QUIETER than stock. I just don't see why AC couldn't make a cooler that vents the heat out the back like they've done in the past. I guess they got lazy :evil: 
January 9, 2007 1:46:04 PM

My vote is for the Zalman. It's quiet and cools great.
January 9, 2007 7:37:12 PM

Uhh lots of replies :D 
Thanks a lot guys, i think i'll go for the zalman cooler
cheers
January 9, 2007 8:41:48 PM

i would love to but i can't find it in any shops here in denmark
!